north western trains livery

piranha230

EMT inherited two 153s (dogboxes) in the star livery, I think they were 311 and 313. I'm almost certain the relatively few 158s they had were in the star livery as well. Something says to me that a 309 was also done in that livery, probably my imagination though :jester:

A flikr search for North Western trains comes up with quie a few, including a 309, but not sure it's in full 'star' livery.

Edit to add flikr search comment

• RMweb Premium

I seem to think both class 150 and 142 units did also.

I can certainly confirm 150's - as others have posted 142/153/158 also received NWT gold stars. They retained the gold stars after First took over, until they were eventually repainted into Northern Rail. I'm not aware that any 150's (or 142's or 153's or 158's ) obtained First Barbie livery whilst in FNW use. 156's were the odd one out in the NW fleet as I don't think any received North Western Trains gold  star livery

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

When North Western Trains were taken over by First, all First did was to replace the north western trains logo with First North Western.

So all those that you can find carrying blue with the large gold stars would originally have carried the full logo as you've posted. (142/150/153/158/322/323)

Many retained the gold stars across the doors as well as the large gold star at the ends through the two changes of franchise ownership.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived