Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Simon Hudson

BoD

• RMweb Gold

I have learnt from Simon's family that last weekend he was feeling unwell and was taken to hospital where he suffered a heart attack. Sadly he did not survive.

Sad and shocking, I only knew Simon from these pages but he seemed a thoroughly decent bloke. Poignantly, he had fairly recently posted on some of the 'celebrity' RIP threads, Ray Manzarak for example. Sobering, you really have no idea what's around the corner.

Condolences to Simons family.

I`m so saddened by Simon`s passing; this is surely a moment for us all to pause and reflect on the precious value of our friendships, those held both near and a`far.

Rest peacefully, Simon.

• RMweb Premium

Utterly shocked.  I never met Simon, but largely thanks to his regular participation in some of the sillier games on this board I grew to regard him as a nice bloke with a sometimes wicked sense of humour.  I'll miss his contributions.  I can't imagine how his family must feel.  I'm very sad.

DT

• RMweb Premium

Just gathered this dreadful news from the post on 'Song Lyric Story Game' to which Simon often contributed and to say I'm shocked is an understatement. Some of Simon's experiences and recollections of modelling in the Durham area were so similar to my own and even though we never met (to my knowledge) , I'd have certainly called him my 'Marra' .

My sincerest condolences to Simon's family.

RIP Simon, you will be missed.

Regards,

John

• RMweb Premium

Very sad to read this thread - I'll certainly miss our little "exchanges" on the music-orientated games.

God bless Simon, we never met but you always came over as one of the good guys.

Condolences to his family.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm really very very sorry to here of Simon's passing.

He had been a regular poster on my layout thread, and had a clear interest in all things North Eastern, in particular the NE's goods locos.

Will miss your posts mate! God Bless.

Archived