'Grundy Street' (Revisited)

georgeT

Morning mate, your suggestion on Fiddlers Yard that Mike and I come up sounds like a plan, we could try and get into the same B & B that we used when we came up for the Hazel Grove Show last year.

I could do the back scene, you could do the bothy for Fiddlers Yard and we could do some weathering and maybe even do a Vid or two as well.

I will sort out a date with you soon.

Bodge :sungum:

Made one of the extension base boards today, and it just fits on the workbench nicely, easier to model at the bench rather than standing up at the layout, the two boards are only 30" x 14" small but it makes a big difference to GSG...

post-7716-0-67241200-1385660559_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-47005200-1385660563_thumb.jpg

Hello Al,   Thank's for the kind words, l must admit the woodwork and buildings l can manage, its the electrics and wiring  l'm crap at, and have to get 'Baron Bodgit'  to sort it out for me everytime as he is far better at that,

BTW, l have Been watching your station building grow and l must say you are doing a good job, but you will need some kind of LEDs inside to show the work you have done, but don't ask me to wire it up (hahaha) have a word with Bodgit 

George.

Morning all, having a re-think on the track plan on GSG, not happy with the track layout as it is, thinking along the lines of 'Trebudoc' after a great last operating session l had with it on her last venture, really like the small terminus, l will have a long meeting with the Baron to see what can be done ?

• RMweb Gold

Trebudoc was a good plan but there can be others. I generally recommend having sidings facing both ways this means extra work running round during shunting. Helps when exhibiting to have extra shunting moves.

Don

Hi George, Re our conversation this morning, and GSG / Trebudoc, I was talking to Mike from the Club and he said he would be interested in GSG in its current form to go in his Office as a test track, much as you have done.

We will have a chat later when you get in from work.

The Baron :no:

No Just Bodgit :sungum:

Morning Bodgit,   Many thanks for helping me shift GSG, in the end it was only meant to be a test bed for my locos, l tried to build a layout out it but it was just wrong and did not make sense, without re-laying the track, so l have sold it to your mate, all l am keeping is the facia as that will go on the next project, l fancy a southern based terminus...

George..

Morning Don,  Well GSG will be gone by the weekend so a start will be made on the new layout, l need to do some research now on a possible track plan, nothing to complicated very similar to Bodgits  'Trebudoc'  but with an engine shed in front of the fiddle yard, and l will be using the cassette system too,  (have some left over from 'Abbots Bridge')

The big difference will be having 'Bodgit' on board from the start, he has agreed to work out all the electrics, and come up and do most of the scenery, so another joint venture again if it turns out half as good as 'Trebudoc' then l will be very happy..

George..

Morning Don,  Well GSG will be gone by the weekend so a start will be made on the new layout, l need to do some research now on a possible track plan, nothing to complicated very similar to Bodgits  'Trebudoc'  but with an engine shed in front of the fiddle yard, and l will be using the cassette system too,  (have some left over from 'Abbots Bridge')

The big difference will be having 'Bodgit' on board from the start, he has agreed to work out all the electrics, and come up and do most of the scenery, so another joint venture again if it turns out half as good as 'Trebudoc' then l will be very happy..

George..

Morning George, Looking at the Show schedule for 2014 I am going to cut back quite a bit. With the House now sold again I think we should move about the end of Feb sometime and then it will be Full Steam ahead on The Last Great Project, I need to buy a shed to put it in, (No garage or spare room), lay a concrete base for it and then line it and do the electrics. so It looks like it will be late 2014 before I start building baseboards for that layout.

I will try and get up in a couple of weeks for the day so we can make a start on the basics if you get the baseboards built ready, I have 4 second hand turnouts for the layout ready.

Baron Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Good news about the house Andy. I think a joint project between you and George in 0 gauge would be great. I thought about doing one and call it Sayling Island you can see where the inspiration came from but I didn't want the restrictions the bridge at Langstone imposed on locos.

Don

edit for typo

Good news about the house Andy. I think a joint project between you and George in 0 gauge would be great. I thought about doing one and call it Sayling Island you can see where the inspiration came from but I did want the restrictions the bridge at Langstone imposed on locos.

Don

They would have built a new one by now, hahahhaaaa

Bodgit :no:

Hello Mate, Good news on the track front, l just need to buy a few yards of track, the plan is to call the layout   'Ashchurch'  a small southern terminus somewhere in the west country, and l fancy modelling 1948-50 so most of the stock will still be in southern green (maunsell) lined out with SOUTHERN and the big numbers on the tank sides, (never done anything in this livery before).

l am really going to take my (our) time with this project, as l retire in 4 years,only then l can think about exhibitions etc etc as l will have every weekend off ? you will be busy all next year building a shed for the last great project,

The plan is not the final one as l guess there will be changes, the layout size will be 12' x 18" if anyone has any ideas / views please let me know. the more the merrier..

George..

post-7716-0-68405300-1386066779_thumb.jpg

Hello Mate, Good news on the track front, l just need to buy a few yards of track, the plan is to call the layout   'Ashchurch'  a small southern terminus somewhere in the west country, and l fancy modelling 1948-50 so most of the stock will still be in southern green (maunsell) lined out with SOUTHERN and the big numbers on the tank sides, (never done anything in this livery before).

l am really going to take my (our) time with this project, as l retire in 4 years,only then l can think about exhibitions etc etc as l will have every weekend off ? you will be busy all next year building a shed for the last great project,

The plan is not the final one as l guess there will be changes, the layout size will be 12' x 18" if anyone has any ideas / views please let me know. the more the merrier..

George..

Hi George, I like it :locomotive: :locomotive: but you may need 20 inches in width :O , will it be 3 x 4ft boards? :boast:

Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

My calculations would be 7 ins for the two lines 4 in for the platform and another 3.5 for the good shed line which gives 14.5  say 4 in for the rest of the good shed and a bit of space to access the rear and about 2.5 in for the cattle pens and the road takes you up to 20in. If you swap the goods shed and engine shed you could have a bank or trees behind the engine shed saving about 2 in . Arrange the goods shed with the access on the front (i.e not fy side) and you don't need the space for vehicles to access. That should fit 18in. Also the extra length of the goods shed line would hold more wagons.

Don

• 2 years later...

LOOK AT ALL THOSE 7MM LOCOS IN POST #1 :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

We ALL make big mistakes in out modelling, but some make even bigger mistakes and l made the biggest mistake of all time in selling those beauties, oh well live and learn... 

Archived