Folkestone & Hythe MRC...Exhibition...... October 5/6 2013

David Todd

• 2 weeks later...

They're also on the list. I'm rather hoping you're going to say it's a typo for SouthEastern Finecast.

C&L Finescale are now doing a smaller stand run by Philip Reid (more details on their website)  Mick Jupp may have some South Eastern Finecast things on his stand, as he often helps out on South Eastern Finecast's stand at exhibitions.  I will be stewarding at Folkestone on Sunday, so will try and get round to meet other RM Webber's.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Blackmill loaded in the van and parked on my drive. Stock will be loaded tomorrow, bacon butty collected from wife's work and then we're at the mercy of 300 miles of Britain's motorway system on a Friday.

Cheers,

Mick

Todays update.............Dollands Moor, viewing.

Mail from Andy

Morning Dave

Access to Eurotunnel terminal is very restricted and, nowadays, very poor for viewing/photography.

However, there is a permissive path opposite the yard/inbound loop lines alongside the A20: take the A20 Ashford Road from the Cheriton exit of M20 and the yard is alongside on the right. No official parking here but you may be able to pull into the entrance to the access road on the right for a look around. View restricted by fences and trees.

Continuing along A20, under rail bridge a lane on right (past the Elham Valley rail museum) leads to the hillside above  and alongside the terminal. Some good views up here and parking possible along the lane. At the east end you can park in the junction of Crete Road West and the old Castle Hill Road (closed to traffic) and follow a footpath around to the old fort above the tunnel entrance. This is better accessed from the A260 Canterbury Road.

Dollands Moor is accessible at the eastern end quite easily. Back on the A20 Ashford Road, follow this to the first roundabout and turn left. You will cross over the M20,  Eurostar lines and Dollands Moor immediately. There is a lay by on the left over the bridge opposite the rugby club. Half decent views from the bridge despite the fencing and catinery. Views of yard, up and down HS1 and Electrostars/Javelins on domestic services. Tunnel freights tend to run evening through to early morning with next to no daylight running currently. Only "banker" is the up Scunthorpe steel which leaves just before 12.00. Saturdays. Real Time Trains (location code XSI) lists the many available paths but is not an indication of freight actually run).

Best to see tunnel traffic from Sandling station (carry on along A20 and take left just over the M20 bridge). 

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Andy Howard

Hello

Bedlam Heath is on the move now. See you later.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Bedlam Heath is on the move now. See you later.

Cheers

George

Blackmill set off at 9.20am from a good 150 miles further north than George and co.

We drew alongside Bedlam Heath just short of J13 on the M20, with 3 miles to go.......

It's setup and just needs the last few items of stock putting on. Won't be too much trouble getting to the venue tomorrow, it's about 300 yards away. 

Cheers,

Mick

Won't be too much trouble getting to the venue tomorrow, it's about 300 yards away.

I doubt if anyone will be late............for pre-show testing of layouts'...................the Seagull's tend to get up and have everyone awake rather early,around these part's.

wish you all, a pleasant week end...........

First day went well, no major problems and lots of visitors through the door (although I don't know how many as the treasurer keeps that a secret) a few people launching themselves off the step near the demo stand despite three signs saying mind the step! Moved the demo down to the other side of the step and see what happens today!

• RMweb Premium

A late posting as I'm winding down after 6 1/2 hours mostly at the wheel of a van.

Blackmill is nearly home - it just needs unloading from the van early Monday (in about 7 hours......)

Thanks to Chris and his team fro looking after us and helping us load in good time, however.......

The north east side of the M25 was badly congested (I don't think the west side was much better according to radio reports) that meant we hit a couple of overnight lane closures on the M6 at Birmingham and Stafford. I never knew there was so much traffic at 10pm/11pm on the M6 on a Sunday.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived