Lines in the Landscape

Peter Kazmierczak

I had several 'goes' at this location. It was a tidal basin that filled up at high tide and was soon empty again. I aimed for the location on hot still days in the hope of a decent reflection shot. An invisible breeze could quickly destroy the glass-like surface and of course the train would appear at the same time....

post-6680-0-44447800-1506975561_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Areal challenge!

Could it be that the vibes from the train also played their part? Because the breeze eddies are in the centre of the water body.

dh

The ripple was travelling across the surface some time before the train came into view.  If there was going to be any influence, it would come from the mass of road traffic behind me on the dual carriageway. In fact, when i was filming there, I aimed the directional mic towards the shore (beyond that embankment) to eliminate road traffic noise.

Edited by coachmann

I took this view overlooking the site of Llysfaen station after climbing along a thin ledge to a position above the tunnel mouth at Penmaenhead. Class 40's were still regular motive power on the north Wales line in the 1970's and this one was shot at teatime heading towards its next stop at Colwyn Bay. The new A55  now runs along the shore line and the embankment on the left of the picture was removed.  All the time I was up there, I knew I faced the trickier job of getting down again. I never did it again as the side of the hill just crumbled away....

post-6680-0-75830600-1507305046_thumb.jpg

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I really think that Network Rail could have done a better job at disguising the baseboard joint just in front of the Pacer.  And it probably isn't sensible to have the joint over the toe end of that turnout leading to Midland Rd depot either.  Amateurs !   :jester:

post-414-0-72593100-1510048814.jpg

Northern 142017 passes Midland Road depot, Leeds on 6th November with 2L27, 10.33 Leeds to Sheffield.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

A Steamtown excursion heading from Scranton to Delaware Water Gap on 15 October 2017, behind preserved F3 #663 and RS3 #1554, seen at Gouldsboro, PA. Ex Central of New Jersey #1554 also sees regular shortline freight work with the Delaware Lackawanna out of Scranton.

post-4406-0-79536700-1511076352_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...