Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

I was directed to look at this layout by another RMweb fundi, and I have to confess to having just walked into an unprecedented 'domestic' downstairs in consequence :

"Do you realise you've been on that bloody computer THREE WHOLE HOURS ?"  :angry:

Anyway I eventually managed to palm the lady off with 'Homelands' with a bottle of Cointreau alongside before sneaking back up to complete the tour..... :imsohappy:

I can only add to all the eulogies about the breathtakingly intricate OHLE landscape (is it somewhere north west of Wakefield?) you've created as a setting for running a wonderfully eclectic mix of trains through - with even a hint of NIR units in the offing ! :yes:

I enjoyed reading about your planned platform announcements. Our family's firm favourite was the lady who announced at York for years through the 1970s and 80s.- we all loved doing imitations of her.

Eventually, as fellow drama students, my daughter became friends with her daughter - and so we met the famous lady in person.

....and no end of a character she proved to be. :danced: :dancer:

dhig

Apologies for the domestic.... excellent 'crisis management' with the Cointeau though...well done!! I find a bottle of Baileys and a box of After Eights always soothes troubled waters!

Glad you enjoyed the thread...a smidgen south of Wakefield ...if truth be known.. :sungum: Yes I've got the sound system up and running and will be on one of the videos I'm 'trying' to sort out asap.

WRT the lady in York, I remember a similar lady announcer in Sheffield in the 70's with a very distinctive voice.

Many thanks

Dave

• Like 1

I was directed to look at this layout by another RMweb fundi, and I have to confess to having just walked into an unprecedented 'domestic' downstairs in consequence :

"Do you realise you've been on that bloody computer THREE WHOLE HOURS ?"  :angry:

Anyway I eventually managed to palm the lady off with 'Homelands' with a bottle of Cointreau alongside before sneaking back up to complete the tour..... :imsohappy:

I can only add to all the eulogies about the breathtakingly intricate OHLE landscape (is it somewhere north west of Wakefield?) you've created as a setting for running a wonderfully eclectic mix of trains through - with even a hint of NIR units in the offing ! :yes:

I enjoyed reading about your planned platform announcements. Our family's firm favourite was the lady who announced at York for years through the 1970s and 80s.- we all loved doing imitations of her.

Eventually, as fellow drama students, my daughter became friends with her daughter - and so we met the famous lady in person.

....and no end of a character she proved to be. :danced: :dancer:

dhig

Apologies for the domestic.... excellent 'crisis management' with the Cointeau though...well done!! I find a bottle of Baileys and a box of After Eights always soothes troubled waters!

Glad you enjoyed the thread...a smidgen south of Wakefield ...if truth be known.. :sungum: Yes I've got the sound system up and running and will be on one of the videos I'm 'trying' to sort out asap.

WRT the lady in York, I remember a similar lady announcer in Sheffield in the 70's with a very distinctive voice.

Many thanks

Dave

Oops !,  Sent the link after speaking on the phone to          runs as required,.... :O .

Well I've done the vids on Youtube and its time to put a link on here. Only done four as it takes quite a long time to upload to Youtube.Not sure if this is how you add a video on here...but here goes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E52OR9V3JEU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0GASnqxj4o

Dave

Looking great can't wait for the videos

David

Perfect timing Dave :sungum:

• Like 7

Uploading You Tube...............

1. click, reply to this topic.

or

2.click.Reply with Attachments

3. click , picture icon, top left bar,(next to lipstick)

4. You will get a drop down menu, choose and click on.. Media

5. This will present a paste box.

6. paste your u tube link in said box,.. click ok.

7. Done............. :sungum: 

Many thanks Alex, much appreciated.

Yes David W, it is great fun to operate....gets a little tricky to video it while operating the locos and signals all at once though.. :senile:

Mr T, I think you're a mind-reader.....been wondering how to get the Youtube vids to come out on here in that Picture format. Nice one!! :imsohappy:

Dave