Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Must have been a kit built one ?

I have a number of articulated,coaches.......will count them up........

also purchased yesterday,,Gatwick MLV, brass etches,to use,with a donor coach.

No, not kit built.

Gatwick MLV?  Is that the one they used to put on the back/front of the class 73 hauled Gatwick Express trains? Sounds good!

Dave

Must have been a kit built one ?

I have a number of articulated,coaches.......will count them up........

also purchased yesterday,,Gatwick MLV, brass etches,to use,with a donor coach.

There was an RM member looking/wanted these etches, a few months ago, cant remember his/her name, it was up in Classifieds.

Edited by David Todd

Old camera isn't going anywhere...as, due to its small size it can easily get under the 'knitting'....whereas the new camera with its 'snout' can't. And I like its picture quality too.

Pic. 9 Tase, was taken during a busy ' Black Friday' rush hour at Minsterley :sungum:

Dave

• Like 2

Truly stunning work! :yes:

It really captues the atmosphere of the ECML perfectly, combining hills and scenery with more urban features. Not a single detail is out of place, the signals and OHLE are exceptional too...amongst everything else!

If only I had the space, time, money, talent, attention to deta....I could go on! ;)

Keep up the tremendous work!

Thanks,

Jack. :locomotive:

(P.S...just noticed I'm the 100th follower...a real testament to how amazing this model is!)

Edited by Jack374

Well I've just read throught this thread and bloody hell your good it is brilliant better than most things on the exhibition circuit just looking at my layout now and wondering how I can bring it up to within a tenth of yours cracking job mate

• Like 1

Thankyou Jack, Terry & Hammy. Now I'm getting the hang of the new camera thingy, I'm going to try and do some vids. Just installed a Platform PA system tonight....CD player, two length of wire and 2 no. 50mm dia. speakers from Maplins. Announcements burnt to a CD from the internet...and it sounds better than I'd hoped. Got the idea from a bloke on youtube, by the name of 'sheba' I think. Cracking idea and it works well.

Dave

• Like 1

Ooh you stole my plan!! Im planning platform announcements on Millers Dale. I'm going to record my own to a laptop to play at exhibitions in conjunction with platform screens over the layout so that they indicate the actual train and service that is arriving/departing as a way to get the audience involved with whats going on. Glad it sounds ok, makes my idea sound promising.

Ooh you stole my plan!! Im planning platform announcements on Millers Dale. I'm going to record my own to a laptop to play at exhibitions in conjunction with platform screens over the layout so that they indicate the actual train and service that is arriving/departing as a way to get the audience involved with whats going on. Glad it sounds ok, makes my idea sound promising.

Also had that idea, I do wonder if the large yellow encased monitors would be overkill though! Also going to try and get someone who can do a basic program to run the BR type black screen displays.

I thought abput one of those but I think it would be a tad heavy. Im thinking a flatscreen monitor with a yellow surround. I'm working on the black screen display. Watch this space.

Will do!

Sorry for the thread hi jack doughnut, love the progress on the layout OHLE looks the part as well as great stock signals and scenery!

Thanks Ken & Ralph. Yes it's definately coming to life. Just finished chipping an SWT 159 tonight. Will be weathering it tomorrow and hope to run it in multiple with an SWT 170 that I'm going to chip sometime next week. Got my Pendolino running at a more lifelike speed now too. Will do some pics tomorrow and might experiment with that 'new fangle video thingy'.

Dave

Thankyou Jack, Terry & Hammy. Now I'm getting the hang of the new camera thingy, I'm going to try and do some vids. Just installed a Platform PA system tonight....CD player, two length of wire and 2 no. 50mm dia. speakers from Maplins. Announcements burnt to a CD from the internet...and it sounds better than I'd hoped. Got the idea from a bloke on youtube, by the name of 'sheba' I think. Cracking idea and it works well.

Dave

Still to get around to fitting mine................but look forward to hearing your'n