Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Many thanks Hal & Brian. Hope you enjoy the rest of the vids Brian.That Deltic with the full rake sounds very tasty Hal. Have a soft-spot for semaphores myself, but cant really justify one in this era.

Been plodding on through the week with the Town-scene around Minsterley Staion Building. Not my favourite task, but has to be done. Just finished wiring the street lamps and building lights, so will test them out later. This is the 'city' side of the scenery, the other side will be a housing estate. If I had time I'd try and scratch build a supermarket....might get round to it at some point.

Dave

Can i please have that station building ... Please :)

But that means not only do i have to buy it i then have to build it myself .....

Thank you for the link

Killer isn't it! 8)   Joking aside, though, you would think somebody would have come up with a ready built one by now. That 4 lane shed that Bachmann did, a while back, is fairly large, so something about that size wouldn't be beyond reason.

Dave

• Like 1

You are right Dave .... I would have thought Bachmann would have released somthing bigger may be even modular so you can scale it to your needs.

I had a good look around at the York show today but most have been custom made :)

You are right Dave .... I would have thought Bachmann would have released somthing bigger may be even modular so you can scale it to your needs.

I had a good look around at the York show today but most have been custom made :)

Agree Anthony, a modular building's a good idea; build as big as you like. Anything out of the ordinary at the York show, new releases, interesting layouts etc?

Dave

• Like 1

Additions to the P-way train...MRA's. Look great, but couplings are a bit naff. Still adds to the P-way train, no end. Squeeky wheels, tracked down to one of the Seacow wagons bringing up the rear. It was driving me nuts, so oiled all wheels after the vid. Wish I'd done it before.

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raf4-Sd_D2Q

Edited by Doughnut
  • Like 13

Agree Anthony, a modular building's a good idea; build as big as you like. Anything out of the ordinary at the York show, new releases, interesting layouts etc?

Dave

Hi Dave,

There was lots of nice layouts some impressive n gauge ones .... but nothing in your league :)

Phew! It's taken me THREE DAYS, but I've finally read the whole of this thread from start to finish (after following it from Glebe Road, which I'm ⅔ of the way through)

I've got to say, what you've created here, is absolutely mind-blowing - not just the quality of the work, but the attention to detail is sublime. Many others have already said the same thing, but you really do have the eye for colour and texture. In many ways, modern image is easier to model, because you don't have to go far to see examples of what is there in the real world, to attempt to imitate. You have certainly mastered this, and the OHLE - oh my word, I just wouldn't know where to start, maybe I could make one, but a whole series to complete a round round, and of different types and combinations, well, my hat goes off to you!

Superb work indeed. Consider me yet another of your disciples!

Oh by the way, I just love your stone wall treatment - would you happen to remember the colours you used? I've been fairly happy with my stone colouring up until now, but I think you've absolutely nailed the Yorkshire look.

Lee

Thankyou Lee for your very kind comments. I am pleased you like Minsterley. The paint used for the Yorkshire Millstone walls was, I think, an overall coat of Matt Humbrol Desert yellow  No.93, with Matt Leather No. 63 and then some Matt leather darkened with a bit of matt black, both dry brushed onto it, in patches, leaving a little of the Desert yellow showing through. By the way, the NR building I think you did on Mr. T's Dover Priory, is a work of art, not to mention the Signal box.

Having my Yorkshire walls approved by a fellow Yorkie, is high praise indeed!! :imsohappy:

Many thanks

Dave

Edited by Doughnut

Ah thanks for that. As it happens I've just been to the model shop and purchased those very same colours, before I'd even read your reply...I can see a repaint of my Goods shed coming on...

And yes, thank you...those buildings are my work on DP. ;)

WOW!

What a fantastic video Dave, love the opening music, I was expecting a deltic to come roaring past!

I know your attention to detail is amazing and the one part of the video I liked the most was the lighting inside the tunnel, absolutely brilliant!

Graham