On30 - can it really be that bad?

chaz

Interestingly (well I found it so) the largest Ponderosa Pine Forest in the World is in Arizona - around Flagstaff - and very beautiful it is too.

I believe that at one time there was close to 50 logging railroads working it.

Best, Pete.

Just searched an old thread about Troels Kirks layout and got shot down for saying how good it was that he used plain old HO track on his layout.

I used peco code 100 as it stands up well to being curved very tightly. I may hand lay in the future but spiking is not something I plan on doing, either solder or ME. 

If I can build a layout to half the standard Troels has/does in any scale or gauge then I'll be extremely happy!

DSC_0059.jpg

I don't know what all the fuzz is about.... my good friends layout, mentioned above, which IS built with code 100 AND in On30 scale is very convincing as there are no proto scale rails or trains to compare with....

I know that I would be very satisfied with it myself.

• RMweb Gold

As long as you enjoy it who cares ;)

There's plenty of us supporting it so I think we can go off and enjoy On30 in our own little group.

(Says something that that little group supports quite a range of rtr models over the last few years!) ;)

Chaz

I see you are based in Eastleigh, so if you want a chat I am based in Verwood, nr Ringwood.  I have been trying to get modellers in the Southampton/Bournemouth area to form a loose American Narrow Gauge group meeting up socially.

I am a ex-7mm modeller, GWR for 30 years before I switched to On30 and that was all thanks to Bob Harper and a Bachmann Shay and some logging cars 10 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Chaz

I see you are based in Eastleigh, so if you want a chat I am based in Verwood, nr Ringwood.  I have been trying to get modellers in the Southampton/Bournemouth area to form a loose American Narrow Gauge group meeting up socially.

I am a ex-7mm modeller, GWR for 30 years before I switched to On30 and that was all thanks to Bob Harper and a Bachmann Shay and some logging cars 10 years ago.

Sorry to be slow to respond. Should you get any interest in a "loose American Narrow Gauge group" I might well be interested. Rather depends what "socially" means as I don't do pubs or barbeques....

Archived