Looking back at Class 24 & Class 25 Locomotives

Strathwood

• RMweb Gold

Just putting the finishing touches to Looking back at Class 24 & Class 25 Locomotives to go off for printing early January.

See the website for more details or follow the link via the banner.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

post-10498-0-27590500-1387543094_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Still at the printers sadly but according to them not too far away from delivery, this is the problem for doing short print runs of just 1000 copies as what's left of the UK's book binding industry would rather put Jamie Oliver type cook books onto their machinery with 30,000+ print runs, than put 1000 railway books on first. Therefore we often get put to the back of the line for another week or so...

Similar problems for others I suspect as well!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Delivery date now confirmed as Thursday 20 March in order that we will have copies for sale at Ally Pally for the London Festival of Railways on our stand, so come along and say hello, we just may have London Midland Steam Days Remembered II as well according to the printers, fingers crossed.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

For those who visited Ally Pally over the weekend, they will have already seen that we picked the books up en-route to the show. We will be shipping all the advanced orders during this week, pleased to report almost half the print run of 1000 copies are already sold. Looking back at Peaks is still at the printers and looks like delivery will be mid April now rather than late March.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointed. Many pix are already on the web and colour saturation and balance is poor in some of the pix. A lot more effort could have gone into the reproduction. Was expecting much better plus many more unpublished images. I'd seen too many of the pics before. Shame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

For some folk their glass is always half empty and their expectations higher than the moon. For Igor who has sent a couple of to be honest spiteful emails to me privately through RM Web since, he obviously has an axe to grind. However, he still chooses to continue hiding behind a false identity on RM Web, this is in spite of my offer to refund him in full and pay for the return of the book he claims to be dissappointed with. For this one bad remark I can honestly say I have taken by telephone, email and by letter a good number of positive comments from delighted customers. So as the former President of the US once said " You cannot please all of the people all of the time".

So for this one remark from someone who still prefers to keep his copy rather than accept a full refund and his identity secret, I retain the right of reply, as it states on my website I will give a no quibble money back guarantee. Now I wouldn't do that if I thought everyone shared Igor's oppinion.

So go ahead purchase in confidence.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood Publishing

I wasn't at all disappointed with this book, the exact opposite in fact. I cannot recall having seen any of the pictures before, and there are numerous superb images of 24s and 25s throughout their BR days. In my opinion, well worth anyone's £19.95.

Looking forward to further volumes in this series (and 70s Spotting Days please Kevin !)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Another excellent volume in the "Looking Back At" series. Plenty of images from the pre-tops BR Blue era, a particular favorite of mine.

I have only seen, at most, a handfull of the images before and can thoroughly recommend this book to any prospective buyer.

Bring on "Looking back at the Peaks"

• 7 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sorry late to this topic just received two books of The Looking Back series, covering the 24/25 and 26/27&33’s. 

excellent reference books for someone who remembers the BR blue period as a child even if I didn’t take much notice (sorry, into steam at that age)  

After a quick look I found the 31, and 37 are also covered which are a must for me.