Card Kits & Card Modelling Using Cereal Packets

Been a fan of another card/paper kit producer since he started; having seen your adds in Model Rail and on here figured I'd try your kits too. I picked your modern image billboards in N.

They went together nicely and fit in with the other kits very well.

attachicon.gif2014-03-26 14.27.47.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-03-26 14.28.30.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-03-26 14.30.36.jpg

Pleased with how they came out and happy to have another supplier of card/paper kits.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen! They look great :) I'll be releasing more N gauge kits soon, just as time allows.

I've got some of Justin's prototype billboards on Pensbridge.

I had two that I added a poster to, but thought the one with peeling background was to too good to paper over.

Here is the "Hello boys" poster that I asked Justin to replicate....

https://www.facebook.com/Pensbridge/photos/pb.510871692324522.-2207520000.1395926533./590579847687039/?type=3&theatre

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All,

Here's a few shots of the newly released, production version of the modern image bridge I built for Pensbridge. It's a simple, modular design that can be built for road or rail use, in single or double track formation. It uses layered card construction throughout and as a result is extremely sturdy, and capable of supporting a good couple of kilos!

It comes pre-weathered and uses photo-realistic textures throughout, complete with optional graffiti for the piers too. Deck height can be adjusted during construction as required (80 to 95mm) and there's a choice of 30mm and 50mm wide piers too. There's also weathered two lane and one way road textures complete with road markings and asphalt pavement included too.

I'm now working on a retaining wall and an elevated road kit to go with the bridge... more on that later in the week all being well :)

Thanks

Justin

post-20808-0-54957200-1396848411_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-71168900-1396848412_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-55440300-1396848415_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-71813500-1396848416_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-76964500-1396848417_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-68838900-1396848418_thumb.jpg

Looks good, Justin I have emailed you via your website and also messaged on facebook but never got an answer so will try here.

Is there a way of unlocking the texture sheets so I can use them in photoshop?

Hi Gavin,

Sorry for delay in responding to your messages. I did receive them both but have been pondering how to reply to be honest. We've had quite a few people trying to rip off the kits recently so it always makes me kinda nervous when someone asks to edit things in photoshop. I'll message you back now through Facebook.

Thanks

Justin

Hi Gavin,

Sorry for delay in responding to your messages. I did receive them both but have been pondering how to reply to be honest. We've had quite a few people trying to rip off the kits recently so it always makes me kinda nervous when someone asks to edit things in photoshop. I'll message you back now through Facebook.

Thanks

Justin

Thanks Justin. Its not the kits I want Unlocking just the brick papers that I have bought.

Whilst I'm in favour of free enterprise etc. isn't the 'Card Structure Modelling Forum' now getting bogged down by the constant 'advertising' of ModelRailwayScenery. While I'm sure that these card models are excellent, how long is going to be before 'Scalescenes', Smart Models, Kingsway etc. all start doing the same thing and then this forum will truly be Bogged down' with advertising.

I'm sure that this company is now well established enough to advertise through the normal advertising channels, without taking up so much space on this forum.

Whilst I'm in favour of free enterprise etc. isn't the 'Card Structure Modelling Forum' now getting bogged down by the constant 'advertising' of ModelRailwayScenery. While I'm sure that these card models are excellent, how long is going to be before 'Scalescenes', Smart Models, Kingsway etc. all start doing the same thing and then this forum will truly be Bogged down' with advertising.

I'm sure that this company is now well established enough to advertise through the normal advertising channels, without taking up so much space on this forum.

Hi Rhymad, We do pay for advertising in this forum, and in the magazine, so I'm certainly not here as a freeloader. I pay may way, and always will do. This thread was approved by Andy prior to me posting here, we have emails to that effect. If you notice... I post pictures of the models I've made, but only once in this whole thread have a linked to the page on my site where you can buy the models - in fact, I'll remove the link now! I'm purely showcasing things I've made. The choice of whether to buy or not is purely down to you. No where other than in the one post have I said "Buy My Kits, Buy My Kits!". Yes I have a signature on my posts, but so do most other people, and that's within forum rules as far as I know.

If I create something and you like it, feel inspired, whatever, then brilliant! Scratch-build one of your own... While yes, it's nice to sell stuff (it's how my mortgage gets paid and my family gets fed), my true aim is to inspire, build friendships and to attract more people into the hobby. I also love seeing what everyone else creates. There's some fantastic modellers on here whose skills I can only dream of equalling.

Thanks

Justin

You also have the option of just not reading the topic. I wish more manufacturers would have topics, gives us an idea of what they have to sell and what can be done with the product. I also appreciate the interaction between customer and manufacturer. 

Rhymad, sorry, but your posting almost smacks of being a troll post, done to just stir up trouble. This sub forum is Card Modelling, and this is just one thread in it. Don't read it, if you don't care for it, there are many other threads.I have to agree with thebritfarmer, I too wish more manufacturers would have a presence on the forums.

Just sayin'.

Jim F

Justin - It is begining to look as though I will need a couple of background buildings - I work in HO so obviously I'll need to rescale, which shouldn't be a problem - however I need a Factory type building that has been upgraded to a shopping mall , and it needs to be 4 storeys high - is there likely to be any problem adding /inserting an extra storey into your Low Relief 1930's Factory - OO/4mm/1:76 ? - it may also be necessary to change the windows, but I'll deal with that later if needed

Thanks

Jack

Justin - It is begining to look as though I will need a couple of background buildings - I work in HO so obviously I'll need to rescale, which shouldn't be a problem - however I need a Factory type building that has been upgraded to a shopping mall , and it needs to be 4 storeys high - is there likely to be any problem adding /inserting an extra storey into your Low Relief 1930's Factory - OO/4mm/1:76 ? - it may also be necessary to change the windows, but I'll deal with that later if needed

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack,

Scaling to HO is no problem at all... Adding an extra floor... hmm... Again... no issue in theory, although I'd need to modify the design to make it work... I have a couple of ideas though. I'll mull them over this weekend. The main issue is making sure everything is printable on A4 paper so it will work for all customers...

Leave it with me

Thanks

Justin

Hi All,

Just finished working on a set of Concrete & Brick Retaining Walls to go with the Modern Road/Rail Bridge in OO/4mm. These are based on the ones I did for Pensbridge, but they've been modified so the height can be adjusted easily during construction. Each set contains 4 x 190mm wide wall modules making up to 760mm of retaining wall from a single print. For an unlimited wall length you can mix and match components from multiple prints to create a unique combination of weathered wall sections.

Now I need to get on with some platform and finish building some Sugar Silos!

Cheers

Justin

post-20808-0-48288300-1397134141_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-72304600-1397134142_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-71265300-1397134143_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-09882000-1397134146_thumb.jpg

Hi Gavin,

Scaling to HO is no problem at all... Adding an extra floor... hmm... Again... no issue in theory, although I'd need to modify the design to make it work... I have a couple of ideas though. I'll mull them over this weekend. The main issue is making sure everything is printable on A4 paper so it will work for all customers...

Leave it with me

Thanks

Justin

Cheers, Justin - I wondered if it was simply a case of printing twice, and cutting an extra section from one print to insert - obviously not - look forward to seeing what you come up with

Best

Jack

Nice work with that bridge. Captures the atmosphere of a place you would not go to at night, perfectly.

Thanks Colin :)

Cheers, Justin - I wondered if it was simply a case of printing twice, and cutting an extra section from one print to insert - obviously not - look forward to seeing what you come up with

Best

Jack

First off, apologies for calling you Gavin! That'll teach me for trying to do too many things at once! Was talking to a chap on the phone just a minute before I replied called Gavin! Sorry!

In theory, you probably could do some cutting and pasting of the wraps, and just make up larger base layers etc. The only thing I'd have issues with is that the weathering on various bits would be repeated, but I'm fussy like that :) So that was my only thinking behind editing the files...

Morning all. Finished a new walling kit yesterday. It's a Dressed Stone version of my 6ft wall kit and included 2 pairs of wooden gates, gate posts and lots of pillars to cover up the joints between sections. The base layers for the wall again make good use of recycled card such as cereal packet. This is the OO / 1:76 version. I'm going to tackle an N gauge and O gauge version very soon too.

post-20808-0-79071700-1397889979_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all... Apologies for my lack of presence recently... Life's been a bit hectic to say the least!
I've been working on a few new OO textures though which I'll be using on a couple of dioramas shortly...

TX123 Tactile Platform Edge Paving in Natural Grey (Buff & Charcoal to follow)

post-20808-0-58452500-1399479482.jpg

TX121 Tudor Herringbone Brick

post-20808-0-34800700-1399479494.jpg

TX120 Corrugated Industrial Unit Panelling - Dark Grey

post-20808-0-49276400-1399479507.jpg

TX119 Corrugated Industrial Unit Panelling - Light Grey

post-20808-0-46935100-1399479518.jpg

Tina (my other half) is now working on N gauge versions of these which should be ready soon.

Thanks

Justin

Archived