Freightliner livery. What time period for each colour?

ess1uk

just wondering when the 3 Freightliner container liveries below were in use?

would they have been seen on the same train?

attachicon.gifIMG_4215.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know the Hornby product codes for the grey one in the middle with the British Rail logo? The white one on the right is R633 I believe.

Does anyone know the Hornby product codes for the grey one in the middle with the British Rail logo? The white one on the right is R633 I believe.

The Hornby code R633 is for a Freightliner flat loaded with 3 x 20ft boxes, it was in production from 1967 - 1982

the livery of the boxes seems to have changed, early versions are as the middle one in the photo,

in 1970 two versions seem to have been issued one in each style of livery, later issues are as the one on the right.

I picked up a couple of single containers at a second hand stall at an exhibition earlier this year for 2 or 3 pounds each

one of each livery though one box is numbered 05B71 not as per the photo, they are moulded in slightly different colours, the later version is lighter grey.

cheers 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

C-Rail intermodal are launching a comprehensive range of Freightliner containers at the NEC this year, see there Website for more Info or the thread on here under Realtrack Models / C-Rail

Got 3 of the 20 footers in the red, red/white and the red/yellow plus a 40 footer too today at DEMU. :)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/889/entry-17915-iso-containers-from-the-1980s/

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The original Freightliner logo appears to have been the word Freightliner to the right of the old "door to door" logo, although there was also a door to door logo with "liner train" to its right. The caption says that was in bauxite and yellow.

I painted this Lima N Gauge container like the ones shown on the cover of a 1964 'Transport Age' magazine. The colours were silver with yellow and blue stripes, incorporating the Rail freight box symbol.

post-1877-0-00199800-1477600686.jpg

Edited by BernardTPM
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got 3 of the 20 footers in the red, red/white and the red/yellow plus a 40 footer too today at DEMU. :)

Does anyone have details of the numbering scheme for the red/white containers please? I also have 3x 20 footers and want to alter the numbers on two of them. I've looked through various photo sites without luck. Was there any logic to the numbering either side of the letter?

Ian S

• 6 months later...

I was watching 'Engines must not enter the pototo sidings' on iPlayer last night and noticed a TK tractor which appeared to be* in the grey/red striped livery to match the containers. Don't think I've seen that elsewhere, even though I do have a number of '60s Freightliner leaflets/booklets (Good old 'Collector's corner'!).

* the documentary is monochrome

Edited by BernardTPM

I was watching 'Engines must not enter the pototo sidings' on iPlayer last night and noticed a TK tractor which appeared to be* in the grey/red striped livery to match the containers. Don't think I've seen that elsewhere, even though I do have a number of '60s Freightliner leaflets/booklets (Good old 'Collectro's corner'!).

* the documentary is monochrome

I think that would be the Felixstowe internal use tractor units that were yellow with a red band
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...