3D Printed 'OO' Modern Image Lineside Details

Hi,

I'm pleased to say I've managed to get another couple of products ready to test print:

• B-03 Poster Boards
  • A-06 Station Help Points

Unfortunately at the moment, I can't import the links into the post, but if you follow the link in my signature, you can find them on my shop, also, pictures will appear at the bottom of this post.

The next items that will appear are

AWS Ramps for 'OO' and 'EM' / 'P4'

BR 998 Detectors

A couple of things to add, firstly, I've had a couple of problems printed in the Yellow Strong and Flexible, I do apologise to the customers who have received below standard products, I'm working with Shapeways to resolve the issue.

Also, in the near future, I'm hoping to reduce my prices in line with Shapeways Reduction in prices.

Regards,

Simon

post-7271-0-78104800-1412339539.jpg

post-7271-0-30211900-1412339556.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

This is an extreme close up of the 3d printed, wall-mounted postbox Simon has recently created at my request. It needs a splodge of white for the information panel and the collection number.

post-7025-0-29540000-1412508710_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Simon,

I just had a look at your Shapways shop. Good to see that model stuff being produced. I've noticed quite a few of your models have sprues attaching the duplicates together. You'd reduce the cost if you deleted those completely and even less finishing time :)

HTH

Tom

Hi Tom,

A lot of the stuff on Sprues are very small and if they were left as separate items, then they would be too small for Shapeways to produce (as they would get lost in the Printing Tray and Polishing Facility, but the DOO Mirrors can be changed for new ones without sprues connecting them.

Simon

Sure Simon. I'd be interested to know how much of a saving the sprue removal makes on yours.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

The deletion of the sprue has made approximately 20 cents difference, not enough to reduce the price in my opinion, but if people want, I'll reduce the prices.

Also, I've managed to do a long standing ( a month or so) request for proper Scale AWS Ramps as an alternative to the over scale PECO ones:

post-7271-0-73171800-1413016194.jpg

Ive decided to add in the pack 4 single direction Ramps and a pair of Bi Directional Ramps and are to printed in FUD.

Simon

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tom,

The deletion of the sprue has made approximately 20 cents difference, not enough to reduce the price in my opinion, but if people want, I'll reduce the prices.

Also, I've managed to do a long standing ( a month or so) request for proper Scale AWS Ramps as an alternative to the over scale PECO ones:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ive decided to add in the pack 4 single direction Ramps and a pair of Bi Directional Ramps and are to printed in FUD.

Simon

They look like the front end of a Star Wars X-Wing fighter !
  • Like 1

The AWS ramps look great Simon. I've added them to my basket for my next order. Would you be able to produce some proper scale TPWS grids as well please?

Regards

Hi Tase,

For scale Grids, have a look at these:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/787424/train-protection-warning-system-full-size-grids.html?materialId=61

He also has the smaller Buffer Stop Grids as well.

Simon

Hi Tom,

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Simon

Fancy scaling them AWS ramps up to 1:43.5 scale please Simon?

Cheers

Tom

Thanks Simon, well keep an eye on your Shapeways account :)

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

Here they are:

post-7271-0-37033300-1414091522.jpg

post-7271-0-31599000-1414091527.jpg

Available in both Yellow and Green Polished Strong and Flexible, all that is needed with these is painting the ramp Grey. 

They have NOT been test printed but are on sale, if anyone wishes purchase these, then be aware that they could be rejected, but if they are, you will get a full refund from Shapeways.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2790303/o-gauge-aws-ramps.html?li=aeTabs

I've also updated the shop with Tags, Prototype Pictures (where I have them) and proper descriptions to make it a little easier.

Simon

• Like 2

Hi Tom,

Here they are:

attachicon.gif625x465_2790303_7135749_1414091141.jpg

attachicon.gif625x465_2790303_7135743_1414091122.jpg

Available in both Yellow and Green Polished Strong and Flexible, all that is needed with these is painting the ramp Grey. 

They have NOT been test printed but are on sale, if anyone wishes purchase these, then be aware that they could be rejected, but if they are, you will get a full refund from Shapeways.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2790303/o-gauge-aws-ramps.html?li=aeTabs

I've also updated the shop with Tags, Prototype Pictures (where I have them) and proper descriptions to make it a little easier.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Sorry to be a pain but could you tick the box so I can select them in FUD please?

Cheers

Tom

Thanks Simon,

Sorry to be a pain but could you tick the box so I can select them in FUD please?

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

Done that for you now, just bear in mind they are going to be more expensive than the WSF ones :)

Simon

Hi,

Just had word that my test prints of my 4mm:ft AWS Magnets are on their way,I will hopefully have these ready, along with some most of my other products with me at Wycrail this Saturday, I'll be helping to steward, but if you see me, grab me and I'll show you them!

Simon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

See you on Saturday Simon and you can have my wishlist ;)

Hi,

Just had word that my test prints of my 4mm:ft AWS Magnets are on their way,I will hopefully have these ready, along with some most of my other products with me at Wycrail this Saturday, I'll be helping to steward, but if you see me, grab me and I'll show you them!

Simon

• Like 1

Hi,

Simon

I received my AWS and other bits from Shapeways yesterday and have just had a chance to check them over. I can only say they are excellent!! Photos once I get them in grey primer I think and if I can find a peco one a comparison shot too - they are chalk and cheese.

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Here's some Mock ups of the AWS Magnets on my layout:

post-7271-0-75420100-1415222873_thumb.jpg

On the right of the Picture is one of the Bi-Directional Magnets painted as a standard Magnet, while on the right is a Southern Region Uni-Directional Magnet.

You can also see one of the Point Heating Transformers near to the Location Cabinets, Plus before anyone comments I know the Signal is in the wrong position in relation to the Trap Point, it should be further towards the camera.

I haven't got an image of these magnets next to the PECO ones, so I'll let Mike (post above) take one!

Simon

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The next product that has been requested is Western Region Location Cabinets, after a request by The Stationmaster, and members of Network Rail SDG! 

I need some drawings for them, to get some dimensions, or side on Photos and overall dimensions, so i can scale them. So if you have either of these things, please get in touch!

Simon

• Like 1