Downloaded the ESU manual for the decoders. One thing I tried this weekend was to put a capacitor in my 08 only place to put it is the cab

However...

after soldering repeatedly the same points on the SOUND decoder (yeah sound not cheap) the pads have burnt off and well a day of frustration I er well ripped it out and yes at £100 plus a pop was a stupid thing to do

Now I know what I have done wrong from last time is once the capacitor is soldered into place is READ the instructions and I would of read is to change cv113 to 255 once in place (give 3-4 seconds of stay alive power to try on my dead spot)

Lesson learned

will try again now I know this  

I've fitted some capacitors to some of my trains (except my class 33) and I've yet to try them on the layout but they now do work and they have a charge of 4 seconds

Because of there size most of them are in one end in the cab. Not too worried about it but when it comes down to my class 08's I have to make a sacrifice and remove all the cab interior

They can be covered up with a crew member in the doorway only one done so before I do the rest I'll try them on the layout first and give the track a VERY good cleaning

Hope it never comes to selling them cause it devalues them altogether I think will have some pics soon and when my new sound decoder comes for the class 08 I love the sound so much the first time round I might try my hand at a video

• Like 1

It's The Festival of British Railway Modelling at the weekend in Doncaster so looking forward to that.

Hopefully I can get my hands on a Hornby EWS class 08 as my Bachmann 08 is beaten up a bit then all my 08's are Hornby. I've been looking at some class 20's, class 58's or something of interest, something with room for sound

Bits n bobs to get as well as some 3mm yellow led's for an idea for a road vehicle for the layout, funny really I have a trailer to go with the transit on the layout and I thinking of lighting it up with a little sign

" Be back in 5" with flashing yellow lights for when Peterborough comes give people a chuckle if I'm not there and or there's nothing running (well I think it would be funny)

Spend

Spend

Spend

loads of money, the wish list comes out so lets see what I buy

Video will be coming soon with my new camera and tripod so watch out J.J.Abrams :P 

• Like 1

Well I got a Lima class 20 needs some TLC so I'm going to do the whole hog and is doing a full D.C.C conversion, sound lights the lot (why not)

class 58 Hornby. It's 58003 Markham Colliery weathered, liked it, bought it & scarpered. Hopefully both will be on layout soon

The one thing I wanted a class 08 in EWS livery didn't get even when to my local MS on the way home no luck

When I got home though there was an email for an alert from ebay (I've been looking) of one just come up (newly listed) Ive got this one already but you can renumber, bought it

Class 20 £35

Class 85 £45

Class 08 £80 (that's second hand there like gold dust)

Been on Express Models to get the lights kit. The decoders I'll hang fire for now

Lot of money spend today, well it's my hobby and I'm happy

One last thing, got my L.E.D's for my idea for the funny sign so maybe next weekend loads of pics and video of my class 08 with sound

Haven't been able to do much this weekend cause we had the bain (Hull word for child) but I did get one little thing done

The funny little sign I was on about with working flashing lights

post-23271-0-85061300-1423414115_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-65133500-1423414142_thumb.jpg

also managed to get varnish on my laptop mouse so now it feels rough to touch but still working

• Like 2

Quick update...

The Lima class 20 has had new bogies fitted as the old ones when I checked were very worn and old

the wiring socket has turned up just waiting on the lighting kit hopefully here before weekend and I'll get right on it along with bringing the layout down off the wardrobe for a running session

Two sound decoders on the way for my class 08's, two more and that's all five fitted. I've yet to try the loco's fitted with capacitors fitted but when tested they worked fine and had a charge of about three seconds.

The new class 08 to replace the old one is due to be sent off to be weathered

Busy

Busy

Busy

Video is coming, would of done it last weekend (never mind)

• Like 1

I dont understand very well...  :O

There is an explanation to post videos at the beginning of the forum?

I know what you mean now :pardon: you mean how did I link the video silly me :no: well once it was uploaded on youtube I copied the web address and pasted it in the text box when I was finished writing

is that what you mean

Edited by shaunthesheep277

Module

another modeller gave me the following advice:  "Go to your Youtube video, click on the "Share" button below the video, copy the link that then appears, and insert it here using the link button."

It worked!

Hope this helps…

Regards

Armin

edit: sorry! didn't see that Shaun was by 24hrs faster than me…

Edited by CourthsVeil

I tried I do not arrive there... 

The link appears but under written form.

Have you tried the way Courthveil has explained click the share button copy the address and insert it here with the link button

Hang on I try that myself while I'm typing

This seems to work well for me

Have you tried to reply using the attachments button

Have you tried using the full editor

They are the only other ways I can think of, they maybe another if anybody else knows

(I know I've just posted the video twice)

The link without appearing (hopefully) for my video is http then :// then youtu then .be then  /IwN-WnN3R2g  that's the link/share button

The link by coping is again http:// then the address www.youtube.com/ then watch?v= followed by the bit above IwN-WnN3R2g

Hope this helps

I tried all the functions...

I badly have to make an action.

I do not understand.  :scratchhead:

Ok i go to try one more. 

I would have wanted to present videos of my 00 gauge layout on my thread but otherwise, it doesn't matter. 

Edited by Module00

I tried all the functions...

I badly have to make an action.

I do not understand.  :scratchhead:

Ok i go to try one more. 

I would have wanted to present videos of my 00 gauge layout on my thread but otherwise, it doesn't matter. 

I've seen your video nice layout. I did notice the link above has shown up as a website address and not appeared as a video link, that is a puzzle? I will look for a way if I can

Your video is above and it has worked for me. All I did was copy the link and pasted above. the difference from the video link to me posting is only one I can think of is this, your link is underlined and with spaces the copy of the link I've used is the same address as the address used for youtube

Thank you very much !

I try to understand why the you tube link is this of my website and not you tube... 

It is confusing to understand how to link them up. I had to look it up myself before adding the video on my own form page took longer to put it all together then the five minutes of footage