Tonbridge MRC exhibition, Saturday 21st February 2015

ColinW

I don't believe it.  The curse of the "Tonbridge Weekend" strikes again.

Over here in Horley, it's just started snowing.  That wasn't forecast.

It's wet so I don't see it as a problem yet (still intending on coming if KTM is happy to drive - if not I'll come alone) but I'm afraid according to UKSnowmap (where snow is falling) and Raintoday (radar of where the clouds are heading) it is coming your way. 

This is about 30 minutes of "drop" so far.

post-8328-0-49762000-1424503662_thumb.jpg

I went to the show today and had a really good time and did some spending

But I seem to have left something on one of the stands I had paid for. I bought a load of stuff from the C&L finescale stand ( some code 75 rail, some copperclad, some c and l fishplates and a Tortoise point motor and connector plug ) and it was placed behind the counter for me to collect later and I added to the order during the day. One of the things I bought was a reel of Carrs speedy solder and I remember seeing it on my pile behind the counter but when I got home it wasnt in my bag. It was very busy and I can see how easy a mistake it was. I am not really sure who actually runs that mini C&L stand and how I should contact him ?

Can someone help me with details of how to contact him please

PS - thanks again for another great show this year.

An excellent show, very much enjoyed although the prevalence of walletemptium around the various halls did cause me some distress, although I get off lightly and managed to get through less than £100 including getting in and a bacon and sausage roll to start the day although I could have spent more.  A lot more.  Wrong side of payday...

• RMweb Gold

Yes. it was a good show......but despite arriving at 11.30am there was still quite a long queue waiting to get in.

Collected some stuff from Coastal DCC that had been left with them at the Folkestone Show last October for sound decoder fitting...and managed to get the credit card out for an early emblem J15 from Kent Garden Railways.

SouthEastern on time today.....so no chance of any "delay repay" this year

Expect to be back at Tonbridge next year to help operate "Hochstadt"

Keith

Had a very good first visit to the show are several years of trying to get there...even though I only live a few miles away!!!

a very good little show...I liked the idea of having all the sales/trade stands around the outside of the layouts in the main hall as that meant while the sales stands got busy the layouts were left with some space so you could easily get to see them.

I did miss the upstairs bit which was a pity as even though I saw there was an upstairs bit on the plan in the programme I didn't see any signs pointing to where those were. It could be that as I was looking at the stalls and layouts I missed them.

a pity you can't have the show over the 2 days of the weekend...but a great luittle show...will certainly be going next year...hopefully with more money to spend as well!!!

I would post a link to the C&L website but the forum won't let me for some reason. Their phone number is 01179 505470.

Sorry about the queue - it was truly amazing and didn't clear until 12:15! The people on the door worked flat out all that time.

It was my first visit to Tonbridge (town and MR show) and I was well impressed.

Cromptonnut and I managed to somehow arrive at an ideal time when the queues were at their shortest. They stayed 'long' until at least 12:00.

There were many good layouts on display and I managed to avoid the deadly 'Walletemptius' germ somehow. The two layouts that inspired me the most were 'Willowbrook Marsh', an O gauge layout that shares (almost) the dimensions of my own 'work in slow progress' layout and 'Oldshaw', an EM layout which has a similar feel and plan that I hope will upscale OK to 7mm.

Also worthy of mention is the clever use of retaining wall and hidden 'rat run' type fiddle yard on another O gauge layout, 'Much Firkin'

1. This is the 'Maccy-D lolly stick' constructed bridge on Willowbrook Marsh

2. An example of a lovely sound-fitted 37 approaching 'Oldshaw'

3. A view showing the 'rat run' style fiddle yard on 'Much Firkin'

Sorry - can't seem to space the text in between the pics!

Jon

post-18022-0-78104000-1424553710_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-37254000-1424553917_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-55822600-1424553981_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the comments and pictures put on here, and also to the exhibitors, demonstrators and traders for helping to make another successful show.  We had a lot of comments at the show regarding the queue, still going outside and towards the end of the building 2 hours after we opened.  It was good to meet various members of the RM Web and my apologies for not being able to get round to meeting others in attendance. In regards to ThePurple Primer's quiery about his missing goods from C&L Finescale, would agree with GrahamB's comment about contacting C&L's main contact and they should be able to sort it out for him.  IF anyone else has photos of the layouts at the show today please put them up on here.  Finally the date for next year's show is Saturday 20th February 2016.

Colin

No snow down Folkestone way. Off to catch 10.16am arriving Tonbridge 11.11am SouthEastern permitting!!

Keith

Well, well, I was on the same train.  

An enjoyable day, meeting friends, traders and layout owners,I have got to know,over the short period I've been,  "modelling".

My Thank's to those who made it all possible.

More pics of Willowbrook Marsh maltings, a DMU approaching Oldshaw, a lovely 3mm layout (Whatlington), the station at Much Firkin and some shots of Oldham King Street. These are the pic of what I managed to snap on Saturday.

Jon

post-18022-0-03626000-1424933503_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-44105500-1424933572_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-08862800-1424933605_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-70392800-1424933615_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-63629000-1424933636_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-74701000-1424933653_thumb.jpg

post-18022-0-09097200-1424933663_thumb.jpg

Archived