BRM JANUARY 2015 ISSUE PREVIEW + FREE DVD WORTH ?7.99

Afternoon,

Attached below is a preview of the January 2015 issue of BRM! As with EVERY month, this issue comes with a great free DVD which includes a superb layout, two Practical BRM articles plus footage from Leighton Buzzard Railway and a mixture of top scenic layouts.

The Digital Edition goes on-sale today (Friday, December 5th). The printed magazine is in shops from Thursday, December 11th.

post-22012-0-81373000-1417788098.jpg

Here’s what you’ll find in the January issue...

THREE great model railways
·         Towcester* (OO) – Some lines might have looked very different had they survived the Beeching closures. John Norton and George Woodcock made a local line the subject of their latest layout.
·         Eaglesham (EM) – Set on the eve of the First World War, Bill Auld’s EM gauge layout depicts the wonderfully colourful and rarely modelled Caledonian Railway.

·         Oldham King Street (O) – David Hampson and Keith Harrison’s layout brings back the sights and sounds of Lancashire in the late-1960s and early 1970s.

Practical BRM
·         Silver Fox J70*: Phil Parker shows how easy it is to build a simple resin kit of a famous tramway engine.
·         Paint and Weather Buildings*: Howard Smith embarks on a project to paint and weather his model of Penmaenmawr station.
·         Improve a Farish Mk. 1 Sleeper: Mick Simpson on improving the Mk 1 Sleeper with just a few hours’ work.
·         Build an NR Inspection Saloon: Nigel Burkin demonstrates the construction of a unique Mk. 1-based vehicle using a kit by Britannia Pacific Models.

·         Owens Bridge Part 3: Phil Parker adds rural farm buildings, more scenery and a period army lorry to complete his WW1 layout project.

Products
·         News Special: Warley NEC Show Report. A photographic summary of what was on display at the UK’s largest model railway exhibition, including exclusive photos and interviews with Rapido Models and Oxford Rail.

·         What’s New: Hatton’s GWR ‘14XX’ and Hunslets, a Dellner ‘57’ and Midland brakevan from Graham Farish plus the 2014 wishlist poll results are revealed.
·         Reviewed: Graham Farish Duchess in N, Heljan O gauge Class 40, a look at the latest models from Hornby plus we look at FTG models’ first wagon.

Plus

·         BRM Exclusive interview: Kernow MRC's Chris Trerise
·         Layout Planning: Paul A. Lunn considers how to model the Merseyrail system
·         Diary Dates
* Watch the DVD for video footage of this topic.

post-22012-0-01735100-1417788139_thumb.jpg

Here’s what’s on the DVD this month!

Layout of the Month: Towcester
Practical BRM: Howard Smith’s introduction to painting
BRM Behind the Scenes: A visit to Leighton Buzzard Railway

Practical BRM: Phil Parker’s guide to making resin buildings

BRM archive: Amazing scenic layouts

Hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend from all at BRM.

Ben

• RMweb Premium

Mine landed this morning; no BRM Annual in the bag, or even hinted at in the magazine...

A good issue nonetheless with some great projects and tips to file away, but I was a bit bemused at having two layouts of a similar nature with similar stock - both Towcester and King Street had a blue sulzer with an inspection saloon in tow for example, and at one point I wasn't sure that a picture was being used for the wrong one!

Having said that, both layouts stand on their own with some unique features very well modelled and the articles make for enjoyable reading; Eaglesham is something else and a bit special!

Sooooo...no Annual for us then BRM?!

David

We'll get back to you on Monday about the Annual; I'd guess that they're sent separately. It's the earliest I've ever known the mag turn up.

At least the inspection saloons are different scales; they're everywhere at the mo!

• Administrators

Hi all,

I am really sorry but the BRM Annual didn't get included with the January subscription copies as promised. It will 100% go out with all February subscription copies, which get posted at the start of January.

Sorry all.

Steve

Hi all,

I am really sorry but the BRM Annual didn't get included with the January subscription copies as promised. It will 100% go out with all February subscription copies, which get posted at the start of January.

Sorry all.

Steve

Thanks for that Steve, at least we know where we are with it now!

• Administrators

My issue arrived today on a day off and so instead of heading up to the loft to get the decorations down some procrastination ensued. Great issue and best dvd so far in my view. Nice enjoyable relaxing couple of hours! Thanks BRM!

Thanks for the comments. That's great to hear.

Just to let you all know, BRM goes on-sale in shops today.

Steve

• Administrators

My DVD fails to work, it's not being recognised, anyone else having the same problem ?

Hi Graham,

Message me at stevec@warnersgroup.co.uk - it should be an isolated problem as we've received lots of comments on how good the DVD is.

Steve

The digital edition dated January 2015 which I have downloaded to my iPad has a problem on page 45 where photograph 5 appears very briefly then blanks.

I reported it to the web Publisher 3 days ago but the problem persists. I have tried deleting and then downloading again. I have also tried resetting the computer. Neither gives a cure.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Got my copy the other week and have only just really got around to having a flick through. Some of the pictures for the reviews look a bit ropey and out of focus - different photographer from normal? I liked the DVD - lets you see the layouts much better than just photos.

I

• Moderators

The digital edition dated January 2015 which I have downloaded to my iPad has a problem on page 45 where photograph 5 appears very briefly then blanks.

I reported it to the web Publisher 3 days ago but the problem persists. I have tried deleting and then downloading again. I have also tried resetting the computer. Neither gives a cure.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Hello Terry,

Thanks for raising this. Some changes have been made - if you delete/download it should now work.

Howard

Archived