Wantage Tramway No.5 "Jane" MRJ Articles

hartleymartin

I've sent a PM regarding a file transfer.

For anyone interested. In the last 2 days some murals have been affixed around town one of which is 'Shannon' aka 'Jane' but in her original guise without a cab. Used for just a couple of years on the Sandy & Potton Tramway, this was a private line built solely on Captain William Peels (VC) land so no act of parliament was required. She was officially named 'Shannon' by Captain Peels mother after the ship he commanded.

attachicon.gifIMG_1864.JPG

That's really nice to see. there's also the Shannon Express barber shop quartet singers I recall. When we did a bit more research, it's possible she was delivered in blue, which was George England's works colour

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

If there was a bit more room it could possibly have gone over the axle rather than slung under. In this case though it would either be in the well tank or up in the firebox.

To give an idea on how little room there is, A Mashima 1020 would be out the top of the fire box!  

I'm figuring on finding a motor then making up a motor mount to fit.

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Jordan-Leeds said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone got the articles digitally that they would be willing to share? 

Hi Jordan see my request thread, Chris P Bacon, AKA Dave as above kindly sent me copies I know he has others too.

Smashing chap send him a message sure he’ll oblige if not come back to me and I’ll see what I can do.

Dave had a natty way of sending large files easily.

Cheers 

Ade

• Thanks 1