Nice one Rob

Whats the main driver for wanting to change the cab?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

The Bachmann cab is the wrong shape around the windows, while the cab front slopes back too much. Having compared the 2 cabs I think it is down to two things:

1) The headcode surround is too deep, making the curve of the rainstrips/windows too shallow.

2) Looking down from above the cab front is too straight in plan, it should be more of a rounded profile. By not being rounded enough the cab front corners are too far forward hence the upper part slopes back too much.

I posted some photos on Simons 3D thread showing the 2 cabs side by side to show what I mean.

The cabs I have used are test models that Simon produced, I am afraid I don't know what his intentions are re making them commerically available.

My model of 25191 which I am desperately trying to get ready for Cheltenham in less than 2 weeks. This has replacement resin cabs which I am road testing for "Simon BR Blue"

attachicon.gifDSCN1533.JPG

This really shows your modified bodyside cutaway/ chassis to full advantage. I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to attack mine!

John.

Archived