Craftsman detailing kits

Mr chapman

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say i placed an order for some diesel air horns about 10 days ago before i read this thread. Im happy to say the turned up on monday with a note saying sorry for the delay so it seems he is still despatching orders at this time. Good job i didnt go to paypal to get my money back too quickly as everywhere else is out of stock.

Paul

• Like 1

Just to say i placed an order for some diesel air horns about 10 days ago before i read this thread. Im happy to say the turned up on monday with a note saying sorry for the delay so it seems he is still despatching orders at this time. Good job i didnt go to paypal to get my money back too quickly as everywhere else is out of stock.

Is that a small candle I see flickering in the breeze at the end of the tunnel

... or a red petticoat?

• 1 month later...

I just hope I can get another class 28 lyr 0-6-0 brass locomotive kit soon! I had my chance to get another one on eBay over a month ago and I missed out on it! Blast it! Does anybody know where I can get another one of these kits is being sold?

Edited by Jlk2707

Paul

Cool!

• RMweb Gold

I just hope I can get another class 28 lyr 0-6-0 brass locomotive kit soon! I had my chance to get another one on eBay over a month ago and I missed out on it! Blast it! Does anybody know where I can get another one of these kits is being sold?

Try ordering one from the Craftsman site and see what happens.

We would all like to know that they are still in business and shipping again so keep us posted please.

Your money should be recoverable using PayPal if there are any issues, but let's hope not.

if a class 27 will do in stead then there is a 3d printed body Non Mine but I have to build one next year

https://www.shapeways.com/product/TAB9J8E27/ajmodels-p03a-l-y-a-class-27-for-Bachmann-chassis?optionId=43627262

Edited by mozzer models

I sent them an e-mail a couple of days ago before placing an order. Not heard anything back yet.

Well, don't give up!

if a class 27 will do in stead then there is a 3d printed body Non Mine but I have to build one next yearhttps://www.shapeways.com/product/TAB9J8E27/ajmodels-p03a-l-y-a-class-27-for-Bachmann-chassis?optionId=43627262

No, unless of course they can do a class 28 locomotive for the L&YR range in oo scale.

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know when DK 34, the Cl 37 conversion kit to 37/4, /5 or /7, was stamped 'Temporarily (!) Out of Stock' on the catalogue listing? I don't actually want one, but I am hankering after one or two other bits they claim to do, and I wondered if this might give any hint as to recent(?) activity.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing!

... and you are surprised.

I've heard nothing about emails ever working with this person/company, so what even makes you think any are ever reaching their intended target, let alone being read.

The person who runs this business (I use the term in a completely abstract sense) doesn't appear to care about any customer or have knowledge of the internet.

I really cannot understand why anyone who has even read a small fraction of this topic continues to send an order by that means.

We all agree it is a pity, we all have orders we would like to place and have filled, we all agree that the product line is more worthy of a motivated and able owner. But lets just get real and stop chasing the breeze.

Hello, is anybody interested in a 2 car Class 114 conversion kit, I have a full one here that will not get used, it is as per the standard passenger type, but it can easily be converted in to a parcels type unit.

PM if you are interested.

Best regards

Craig.

• 4 months later...

Another sad punter here, who ordered before checking this thread out...dear oh dear!! 

Just shy of £20 worth of Class 20 detailing parts by Paypal, a little under a month ago. A Mr. D. Jones has took the money but since then... nothing! Sent e-mails with no response. Haven't had the chance to phone them yet during the week, but judging by this thread it might be a waste of time. I'll give them til the month mark then it'll have to be a Paypal dispute lodged. Think the Craftsman site should be wound up or at least a warning placed on it.

• RMweb Gold

Another sad punter here, who ordered before checking this thread out...dear oh dear!! 

Just shy of £20 worth of Class 20 detailing parts by Paypal, a little under a month ago. A Mr. D. Jones has took the money but since then... nothing! Sent e-mails with no response. Haven't had the chance to phone them yet during the week, but judging by this thread it might be a waste of time. I'll give them til the month mark then it'll have to be a Paypal dispute lodged. Think the Craftsman site should be wound up or at least a warning placed on it.

Based on my own experience, and others posting on here, you will not get a response to any phone calls either.

During the dispute process PP will try to contact Mr Jones and if they do not receive a response will refund your money. My money was returned to me promptly at the end of the dispute period as they did not appear to have had any response from Craftsman either.

I can't understand why PayPal hasn't closed this account down. They must have had a sufficient number of complaints and refunds issued by now.

• RMweb Gold

If it's coming out of Paypal's pocket, yes I would think they'd have done something about it by now.

I wouldn't imagine PayPal would being making up the money to return. As Craftsman must still have an account open, otherwise it would not accept money in, they will just automatically deduct it back from that account when the time comes. They won't lose or else they would have closed it by now.

I still fail to understand why Craftsman keep advertising but never responding. I think they may occasionally ship something from existing stock though.

Their excuses last year that the web designer was away on holiday so could not update the errors on the web page is wearing a bit thin after 8/10 months though!

• 1 month later...

I raised an order around 25th April 2016, it hasn't arrived so I activated a refund on PayPal

It's beyond me why they don't add a note to the site to say we are not supplying products, I chased by email and phone and got no response.... Not a very fair way to treat fellow enthusiasts/modellers, as can only assume they are into railways as well rather than just a business

Sadly a similar story for me. I ordered parts last December, but heard nothing (neither phone nor Email answered). I gave up last month and reclaimed my money from PP. If the owner can't run it, please can they sell the business to someone who can?

• RMweb Gold

I suspect this company may be beyond recovery by anyone now.

It may be that, occassionally, they ship product that is still in stock but I strongly suspect that little of the stock is being replaced.