The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Thunderbirds

Londontram

• RMweb Gold

Just caught up on last 2 episodes last night, I like the 'modular pods' having different parts applied for different jobs.

Having seen the Reggie Yates documentary too, I still don't quite understand why the sets and some craft (eg The Hood's) are modelled but the Thunderbirds are CGI. It's sort of endearing that they've kept the CGI characters with puppet like faces & movements, but are the modelled sets cheaper than doing everything with CGI...?

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I have loved the remake, apart from the too hectic episode one. True it will never be as classic as the original, but the remaining episodes are well paced and enjoyable. Updated craft are fine, although Lady Penelope has been spoilt slightly.

The Fireflash episode did have a lot of links to the original Trapped in the Sky episode. I do think it was based on an unused Gerry Anderson script. He had 26 episodes in planned form which never made it to air because Lew Grade wanted something new. I believe one of these was to feature Fireflash again and I think it was this that the new episode was based on.

• Like 1

Preview clip from Slingshot:

Reading the Radio Times description of the episode I wouldn't be surprised if it is very loosely based on the original episode series episode 'Sun Probe'.

Also another episode, 'Tunnels Of Time', will be shown on Sunday at 5.15PM.

The Fireflash episode did have a lot of links to the original Trapped in the Sky episode. I do think it was based on an unused Gerry Anderson script. He had 26 episodes in planned form which never made it to air because Lew Grade wanted something new. I believe one of these was to feature Fireflash again and I think it was this that the new episode was based on.

The production crew have stated that 'Fireflash' is based on 'Trapped in the Sky'. About 32 and a half minutes in this youtube video

An interesting film. I am delighted with the return of the show so far. Last Saturday's episode was enjoyable when I finally found time to watch it.

The remake of Trapped in the sky was certainly different enough to make me feel it was brand new, so I will be interested to see the Sun Probe based one. Sad to hear that Jeff Tracy is not going to reappear, for the time being at least. But it does sound like they haven't completely ruled out his return. Clearly Thunderbirds is now alive and well once again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just caught up with the last few episodes. Can see why the "Skyhook" episode was rated by many as the best yet. Superb. That said the "Time Tunnel" episode was excellent too. Thoroughly enjoying the new series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just caught up on the latest episode of the new series, entitled "relic". Great to see the continuing links to the past series of Gerry Anderson. In this episode Scott and Alan have to rescue one of Jeff Tracy's oldest friends who was residing on the moon in a moon base entitled "Shado Base Alpha". Sound familiar???

Congrats to the team who created this for providing these little throw backs to the past and respecting Gerry's memory.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The universe doesn't want me to watch this set of Thunderbirds episodes.

Last week I stupidly turned off the Sky box before going to bed (it's getting a bit old so likes to be switched off overnight) and so missed

the Saturday morning transmission. I set it for Sunday but then there was a recording clash so it got bumped, which I only found out later.

Yesterday I was all set to watch the next one - hadn't forgotten not to switch off the Sky box - but then there was a power cut half way

through f*******g Thunderbirds!

The universe doesn't want me to watch this set of Thunderbirds episodes.

Last week I stupidly turned off the Sky box before going to bed (it's getting a bit old so likes to be switched off overnight) and so missed

the Saturday morning transmission. I set it for Sunday but then there was a recording clash so it got bumped, which I only found out later.

Yesterday I was all set to watch the next one - hadn't forgotten not to switch off the Sky box - but then there was a power cut half way

through f*******g Thunderbirds!

Online https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/thunderbirds-are-go

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

*Blows dust off thread*

The second part of series 3 starts next 8am Saturday on CITV and introduces some aspects from the original series.

Warning: Spoilers ahead! The second and third videos in this post are about a character from the original series that will be introduced.

Warning:

Major spoiler ahead!

Edited by Paul.Uni
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...