Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

• RMweb Premium

With over 24 hours still to go the early exit polls are predicting a landslide for "Lunester Lounge".

But with no previous results to go on we're unable to state what kind of swing that represents.

Whatever the result the New Lounge seems to have gained significant independence, but is having a full say in the name of the former combined thread

Yes, it's looking rosy for "Lunester Lounge", but to paraphrase a certain well-known saying, "A day is a long time in Lunester-ics"....

Or, on a theme of the great Gerry Anderson "Stingray" programme, "Anything can happen in the next half-hour!!"

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

It could be called "Where's the gr*ss?"

For deities sake, don't mention THAT!

It's taken me the best part of 18 months, since the demise of KL, to get Andy to forget about the stuff!!

Jeff

Quite agree, Scott. One of the world's great countries in subservience/thrall to a Victorian institution. And I refer to Australia, not the UK.

Are there any Royalists on here, or is everyone just keeping low?

Jeff

I am a monarchist, but it needs taking a look at- what we need is a system that seperates the head of the government from the head of state.   Having one of those with a very long term outlook is important, and logic says it should be the head of state who is the long term part of it.  The US republican style (note, governance not party!) of seperation seemed to work, but it needs changes.  Some old fat guy said it best- democracy is the worst type of government, except for every other type...

James

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

One theme that seems to recur in the run up to the election is the public’s general distrust of the party leaders being professional politicians. Now I would rather have a professional politician running the country than say a plumber, or a electrician as the leader of the opposition or a car mechanic as speaker of the house of commons . Likewise would you let Ed Miliband fix that leaking tap, Nick Clegg fiddle in your fuse box or David Cameron repair the brakes on your car. :scratchhead:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Just entered the New Lounge - well that's what it was called when I stumbled on it earlier this evening.  I haven't clicked any buttons to make sure I had time to catch up but to sum up, here are a few responses - in no particular order.....

:yes:   :no:   :O  :good: :laugh:  :locomotive:  :senile:

Royal baby; who gives a crap. It was Sofia's sister who told us about it whilst we were in Spain as it had been all over the news there. Apparently, people in Spain DO give a crap......

It took the railway modellers' grapevine network to inform us whilst we were exhibiting at Cleckheaton but I won't mention any names.  :kingchris: 

Voting next. Lunester Lounge for me or I may have to change the tag on my thread and I've probably forgotten how to do that by now.    :jester:

Hope it all goes to plan, Jeff.  Honest.  :tender:

Morning Jeff (just!),

Afraid I'm a bit of a traditionalist, steam fan etc., and I've come to love the lounge so it's another 'Lunester Lounge' vote from me! Now I've just got to remember to trot out my carp (anagram) in the correct thread!

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS Who is the returning officer, and does anyone know where he's been?

Hat, Coat etc.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Shaun, are you trying to influence the voting after the canvassing time has finished?

Tut, tut - naughty boy. The Parliamentary Standards Commission will be having words....

Love it, mate - where'd you get the graphic?  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I thought I'd post my first garden pics into the New Lounge. Seemed appropriate as it changes the subject away from politics and it's my 10,000th post on here.

And Andy and Jock seem to enjoy them!

The lawn is yet to be sorted out - hopefully soon!

post-13778-0-08138900-1431007910_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-69774500-1431007914_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-99804300-1431007918_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-51908600-1431007923_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-32551700-1431007928_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 11

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the pics, but as you know I'm no good at Gardening so which are the weeds and which are the flowers? hahhaha. I'll get you to label my weeds and flowers when you come down to help me sort out the good from the bad from the downright ugly. hahha.

Great pics, looks as though it will be a picture of colour next spring mate, really well done.

Guess Jason will need to take up Gardening soon.

• Like 3

I thought I'd post my first garden pics into the New Lounge. Seemed appropriate as it changes the subject away from politics and it's my 10,000th post on here.

And Andy and Jock seem to enjoy them!

The lawn is yet to be sorted out - hopefully soon!

attachicon.gifDSCF2793a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF2798a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF2800a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF2801a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF2802a.jpg

Jeff

The garden is coming along nice now there is a bit of greenery and colour appearing, certainly worth all that hard work through the winter. :declare:

That gives me a clue to naming the New Lounge.  What about calling it The Terrace :scratchhead:

• Like 3

Hi All hope all is well.

Just caught up with the new topic.

Jeff the garden looks very good it won't be long before you can sit back and have a beer in the lush sun.

I have been busy at the mo lots of work. Also working on getting things for the new arrival SHE is due sept the 4th then is nappys and bottles for a while lol.

But i'm still smiling lol. keep up the good work lads .

Mark Towers

Edited by mark axlecounter
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Shaun, are you trying to influence the voting after the canvassing time has finished?

Tut, tut - naughty boy. The Parliamentary Standards Commission will be having words....

Love it, mate - where'd you get the graphic?  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Jeff

Maybe the vote does not need influencing! :pardon:

Google "keep clam and"  images. (there's some good ones) copy and pasted into paint and reworked!

Your garden looks the bees knees Jeff, any sign of grass yet? :drag:

Shaun, still removing and burning all the dead stuff from 2/3 acre of woods. 

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Maybe the vote does not need influencing! :pardon:

Google "keep clam and"  images. (there's some good ones) copy and pasted into paint and reworked!

Your garden looks the bees knees Jeff, any sign of grass yet? :drag:

Shaun, still removing and burning all the dead stuff from 2/3 acre of woods. 

I'm not sure I could cope with 2/3 of an acre, but 1/4 acre would suit me fine.

The grass is in my brother's hands. I've prepared the soil base, it just needs its final firming down. He says he'll order the turf in a week or so. We'll see!!

Just put 2 tons of bark chippings onto the main borders as a mulch.

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

OK, polling stations have closed and so has the vote for the naming of the old Lounge.

I declare the votes cast to be as follows:

Waiting Room     1

Privy                    2

Buffer Stop          1

Old Lounge         0

Lunester Lounge 10

A landslide win for "Lunester Lounge".

The name will be re-instated forthwith!!

Jeff

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

The garden's looking great, Jeff.

A bit of that green static stuff will bring it along a treat....

Take one electrically charged sieve, shake some green strands over the ground and voila...instant lawn. :mosking:

Oh, and don't forget a good dowsing with hairspray before use.

:pardon:

Pollylounger

• Like 3

Okay, so now you'd better call the By-election for the New Lounge, Jeff!

(look on the bright side - it's getting all the possible elections you could ever want, done and dusted for at least four years)

OK, polling stations have closed and so has the vote for the naming of the old Lounge.

I declare the votes cast to be as follows:

Waiting Room     1

Privy                    2

Buffer Stop          1

Old Lounge         0

Lunester Lounge 10

A landslide win for "Lunester Lounge".

The name will be re-instated forthwith!!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Okay, so now you'd better call the By-election for the New Lounge, Jeff!

(look on the bright side - it's getting all the possible elections you could ever want, done and dusted for at least four years)

I think you could be right about that! After all, "New Lounge" is a bit predictable.

OK you lot, let's have some suggestions for names for the new thread. Then guess what? We'll have a vote! (Haven't seen that happen too often, lately!)

Jeff

• Like 4

Sorry to interrupt the name suggestions, but I thought it well to point to the fact that today, May 8th, 2015, is the 70th Anniversary of VE Day, May 8th, 1945. 

May we never forget the service and sacrifice of those who fought for peace and freedom for the world in WWII and other times.

~ William

• Like 1