This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Test. Please Ignore

Porcy Mane

I'll consider,  considering it ignored but please consider that my consideration could take a considerable time.

P.s. After considering and coming to a conclusion to delete the original post I find my contemplation during consideration come to naught considering that when I hit the delete button nowt happens.

I'm trying to ignore giving consideration to the implication that due to post multiplication things could lead to the formation of a Monster Creation.

Oh my! My Imagination...

That is a very rare photograph of a diesel brake tender without a yellow warning panel. Good choice for a test photo thank you for posting.

I was just testing the BB link to see if it would embed from the external site (Hover mouse over the phot and click to visit that site) I'm surprised there was a BB link from that site as it looks to be a commercial site. Funny how things come about. I bid on the neg of that phot when it appeared on ebay a few years ago.

My embed test came about following further postings in Hornby brake tender thread. To my eternal embarrassment I now find I can't delete my test post.

The lack of yellow warning panel was the norm on the N. E. Region with Thornaby depot being the first shed to use production versions as opposed to the test DBT's. I've got phots in my collection that show DBT's still running without YWP as late as 1969. Although I can't confirm it I bet some were running in rail blue by then.

Just so happens I have a neg of the other side of the brake tender in the pic above as it was being wheeled out of York Works. Paint and lift date is Sept 1962 & all the tenders with it have no WP.

Here's a couple more from around the internet (Sharing is allowed) although I'd dispute the date given for the second as the date on a neg I have of the same subject, gives a few years later. 9178202212_12fc9ec253_c.jpgTrain 473 by Bruce Grime, on Flickr

p520397650-4.jpg

P

You should have called it 'One Direction Fans Thread', you wouldn't have even seen tumbleweed call by,

Good tip, hope I can remember it.

Thing is I only ever move in one direction at a time. I'll not sure about my other self in that parallel universe though.

Ooo! Just realized  (Where's the smiley with the Light bulb above his head when you need him?). If you reverse the direction of a one direction fan, does it become a sucker?

Are we supposed to ignore the new pictures as well as the first one?

Can't remember the first one now, but the others are still in my head.

(However, will probably be gone by tomorrow!)

Are we supposed to ignore the new pictures as well as the first one?

The only way to brake the hold this thread  has on you; is to tender your resignation...

Porcy...please continue this thread as those DBT pics are top drawer stuff...can we have some Durham coal trains next...or perhaps a smattering of Cornish mail trains?

Tis but a humble test thread...

But probably the only phots I took of Durham Coal and a Pasty, Cream & Daffs train. For you to ignore.

post-508-0-41822500-1431778336.jpg

post-508-0-27870300-1431778340.jpg

Posted in ignorance.

P

When our civils team had a pile of spoil left over after a job I used to tell them to dig a hole and bury it, if that helps.

I used to tell them to dig a hole and bury it,

I'm attempting to ignore your post but can't help thinking, "you probably dug it wrong, probably much to long, cos you can't put a hole were a hole don't belong!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JVnlB7Onk

or (for Mickey) even:

http://youtu.be/cR6FmJSyp2A

[Just to keep thing on topic for this part of the forum I'm still testing] Does anybody see the videos of is it just the you tube links?

Archived