Greenwood cutting

StuartM

The trees look good ,I look forward to seeing the scene with static grass and colour to them .

I painted some of my trees trunks a faded patchy white to represent silver burch trees

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The building at the rear of the embankment in the previous photos were three Scalescenes factory's, which were crudely built and crudely spliced together, but in all fairness they are not easy models to make, especially when your making a card model for the first time.

The model below however is four Scalescenes factory's adapted and built as one large factory/warehouse/office block with the aid of some 9 months experience of making card models. The lower portion is plain because its going to be hidden by being partially buried behind the embankment and the trees.

This model took around 10-12hrs to construct spaced over two weeks.

post-10866-0-27752100-1457906932_thumb.jpg

I had some spare panels left over from the back scene building, and I thought it might be possible to make a GWR style station or yard building, and this is the prototype.

The windows could be improved by using brass or plastic frames rather than the printed ones I did use, and the chimneys are over sized, but apart from that, not bad for a first attempt.

post-10866-0-53224600-1458166681_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-80208100-1458166691_thumb.jpg

Guest bri.s

Very nice looking buildings, I've been meaning to have a bash at some scalescenes stuff for a while ,hopefully once my tracks built I'll get onto them

It's coming together nicely ,lovely little scene

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any updates fella

Thanks for taking an interest.

Like most projects I do, I get 80% of the way in and then start suffering from project fatigue.

It's currently on the things to finish work bench, while I try my hand at some ngauge track

Maybe when winter arrives, I move it back onto the work bench proper and have a crack at the remaining 20%

Archived