Well I have set part of the layout up to look into my nce controlling problem going down from two cabs to one in the weekend and the alignment changing on the turntable when I moved it from home. The turntable has been adjusted really easily just wish I thought of it on the day and the controllers I will never know. Get it all set up and worked first time. So I thought I would have a run with my mom exhibition stock and get my Scottish cl37’s out and my duchess. 

Hete is a link for a YouTube clip hope you enjoy.

169342B8-EA2B-449D-99F1-F784C29C2D27.jpeg

7DBA5445-9807-4BA8-8A05-0BD38445E9E9.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good to see parts of layout nor seen before the country end for one very good modelling hope you sort out probs  one small point perhaps the some trans could run slower,not being rude but its one of my foibles.The detail on your locos is superb as is the weathering particularily the standard four ,who is the gorgeous lady sat on the bridge?

you are right the speed is too fast I had two new operators for

its first outing and it took a little while to get used to the adjustments with the layout. All operators have to start somewhere. The lady I imagine is the work of the person who made the video lol. Thanks for your kind words

• Like 1

layout comes across really well in the video

someone else mentioned the speed but aside from that I think it looks excellent. In particular you've captured a really quite complex track layout well and without looking too 'set-tracky' if you know what I mean.

Nice to see nicely weathered stock too.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can’t believe what little modelling time I have had due to work commitments. I have just put

my stock out and can safely say I have too much lol. I have got to look at the overhead lighting as I seem to have a little connection problem and I want to look at fitting a smoke generator to the engine shed (what’s people’s thoughts on this?) here are a couple of pictures that I had a quick play with.

96759749-B039-487C-AD90-77CB9DFEDBBC.jpeg

79A45B85-0C8D-47F4-BE9E-9ADC7EC52B3B.jpeg

98CA4B40-7937-4F8C-AE3F-6B8BCD2001CC.jpeg

• Like 2

On 18/09/2019 at 16:42, millerhillboy said:

Can never have too much stock Neil :rolleyes:

I've got something like 22 locos, rakes of carriages, rakes of wagons and buying more (cemflo's) and I've not got a layout!!!

I know what you mean but i have 50+ locos and many rakes too with just a average size fiddle yard. I have had to let some go as i really wanted to purchase a 7mm highland Ben loco and i am very happy with it. I am glad that i am stocked up well now and i don't see to much being released that i would want now so i can concentrate on weathering my current stock. I t would be nice if Bachmann would shrink the upcoming 828 loco.:)

12 hours ago, Neil Watson said:

I know what you mean but i have 50+ locos and many rakes too with just a average size fiddle yard. I have had to let some go as i really wanted to purchase a 7mm highland Ben loco and i am very happy with it. I am glad that i am stocked up well now and i don't see to much being released that i would want now so i can concentrate on weathering my current stock. I t would be nice if Bachmann would shrink the upcoming 828 loco.:)

I know what you mean, I'm glad I got farish mk1s when I did for something like £18 or whatever, now that are a) just about unobtainable and if you do its £30+ :mellow:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I had time to read through a book on highland railway sheds which was a pleasant read which also highlighted many parts I could add to the layout espiacially the amount of green pastures looking towards the shed and station. I even came across an extract which proved which locos I can get away with running including a Hughes crab which I happen to have and I can also make use of the future graham farish 8f. I thought I would also share with you a set of original drawings a purchased a few years ago on a auction site. This shows the new route via carrbridge. I don’t know about others but I have found just as much enjoyment  with doing the research.

512E349F-CCA3-4253-B91B-A6CF30684318.jpeg

6CA6AFF7-F38E-4396-8965-55E82D67C85F.jpeg

6ACD5201-5BC8-45F1-B0C7-2641ED5709E9.jpeg

C81F2152-D5CF-4A14-B43F-F49807F40DA5.jpeg

8BCE9B15-B263-4FAF-BC29-B17D4AE5EE16.jpeg

Edited by Neil Watson

• 3 weeks later...

Had chance to look where I can add some characters around the station area but find it always difficult to know where to stop without making it look over crowded. I have also decided to get a class 73 resprayed  into Caledonian sleeper livery for my own pleasure at home. I will share my own photo I took whilst in Dalwhinnie. 

BFF5692C-5104-4C7C-B493-518B797DC249.jpeg

6E833275-B1A3-42C6-BA8B-DF72AECFA9B0.jpeg

4D11D617-CE17-4D93-8EAE-E097B7122E82.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

This little fella had a rare excursion this weekend working on carl’s lovely layout Vale of Oxbury. I think it looked right at home (carl ain’t agree). It was a great show at lemington and just helps with looking at a few scenery improvements on Aviemore as well as purchasing more stock.

B35847E8-4DA4-41AB-99E0-AE227B359803.jpeg

B68ABDF5-1D60-4452-8655-1EAF436F692B.jpeg

• Like 2