Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Modern Trains East Coast Main Line

114 has two pantos. You can just see it in the photo... If you squint.

Not sure they extended the experiment to any others ?

No, it was never extended to any other 91s, and last time I saw 114 it was back to a normal single pan 

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the pics, the last one is particularly interesting, I always associate Res or RfD 90s with Mk4 sets, interesting to see a Swallow one on the ECML - was it rare or is it just not something i'd noticed much?  Always think of them as West Coast locos with Mk3 sets.  Having been working on a Mk4 set of late, it's handy to know I have a greater choice when Bachmann bring out their 90, was planning a Res one but quite like the Intercity version too...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'd say the last 4 are Thornaby / Tees Yard.

The 1st one might be down south given the brick colour. Fairly confident it's not Thornaby. Where was 08545 based in the late 80s?

I'm pretty sure the last 5 are Thornaby, the back drop has changed behind 37025, but behind the Tees viaduct, that lifting bridge was still there when I used to pass 10 years ago. The others are Thornaby locos or have very similar backdrops.

As for 08545, it appears to have been a Finsbury Park machine until its demise at Swindon in 1980.

Dave

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks for posting these, Hitchin Loco!  Going back up thread a bit, I think the picture of 08545 might have been taken at Arlesey (or the site of Arlesey station, if it hadn't been re-opened then!) - the characteristic GN houses in the background seem very familiar!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting these, Hitchin Loco!  Going back up thread a bit, I think the picture of 08545 might have been taken at Arlesey (or the site of Arlesey station, if it hadn't been re-opened then!) - the characteristic GN houses in the background seem very familiar!

Well spotted.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.02587,-0.2660385,3a,60y,181.65h,85.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syY2O9nbMRi9bkwHGSxZdXg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I knew they were familiar, but now painted.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Going back to Peterborough a few years..One found in my negs recently.[

That's between Mayors Walk and Westfield Road, taken from Mayors Walk looking north. The buildings top right of the picture would be the, now empty, site of Toys R Us.

Edited by Richard E
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Not great picks but if they are of interest Caught these yesterday Tallington Crossing Nrt Peterbo Clashed with two other passing trains. 

I particularly like the fact the stock is being steam heated, not just for nostalgia but no need for a diesel or generator coach to spoil things!

• RMweb Premium

Slightly south from one of the the previous posts I can add these:

Flying Scotsman, unless you are at a crossing it is difficult to get a shot that isn't full of OHLE clutter unfortunately.

FS - Werrington

Scotsman Werrington

And a First Hull trains unit headed north.

First Hull

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

At Peterborough yesterday.

800110 arriving from Retford.

IMG_0569

And 801108 coupled with 801109 on an acceptance run.

IMG_0555

And finally 90036 on a Leeds turn .

IMG_0566

• Like 5

On 13/11/2018 at 13:40, Richard E said:

That's between Mayors Walk and Westfield Road, taken from Mayors Walk looking north. The buildings top right of the picture would be the, now empty, site of Toys R Us.

Make that the now fire damaged Toys R Us.

• 7 months later...