The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Yahoo e-mail problem

ThePipersSon

Since May 12th, whenever I try to sign on to Yahoo mail to get my e-mail, Firefox (via an add-on Flagfox) is telling me I am connected to a server in IRAN.

To cut a long story short, I have tried it on three separate PCs (2 Windows and 1 Linux).  Two have been reloaded from reformatted hard drives.

It occurs on three different internet networks - 3 network via a dongle, Virgin Media via cable and Post Office broadband via DSL.

Last Friday I contacted Yahoo, after getting contact details from my local cybercrime guy at the police.  They e-mailed back asking a couple of questions.  When I tried to reply, I got the message that the case was closed.

So what do I do now?  I have run out of ideas.

I think the problem is with Yahoo (I saw the IRAN flag again when trying to navigate through the maze that is the Help facility), but it could be Firefox.

I assume that I'm not the only one, and that details of e-mail sign-ons are now currently available in the middle east.  I hear that hacking of e-mails is quite common.  I am glad I never click the 'Keep-me-signed-in' button.

post-7170-0-73180300-1436800505_thumb.jpg

This is a screen print of the problem.

Tom

My Yahoo account was taken over by a person in Turkey.

Go to your history and you can see when the hijackers log on.

Well, in my case I could.

You need to set up all new information to get it back.

A friend of mine was alleged to be in the Ukraine, so it seems that this carry on is quite common.

Bernard

Archived