The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Is one of your insurances due for renewal ?

pointstaken

Just a reminder, gents.

My wife remembered that our house insurance was due for renewal. If you are waiting for your documents in the post, it might be an idea to check your renewal dates for any policies due for renewal about now, before you find they have suddenly expired, and you are left without cover.

Dennis

• RMweb Premium

Most insurers now "auto renew" the policy, and the renewal letter states that the policy will renew on the anniversary date unless the policyholder contacte the company to cancel the renewal - so it's probably not a huge issue for most insurers - if the renewal letter does not arrive, there should in those circumstances be no loss of cover.

Not sure which companies still use the old system where the cover lapses if the policy is not renewed - none of mine do - Direct Line for House, contents and car, Domestic and General for the major appliances, and Pet Plan for the dog all do auto renew.

Same as 45156. All mine are auto renew and you usually get about a month's notice if you wish to change. I have tried some of the price comparison sites, but they come up with what I already have or something that is more expensive for the same or less cover.

Archived