Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway Drone Shots 07/15

• RMweb Gold

Looks like the F&WHR may be looking at using drone shots in promotional material as well as their annual video according to information on NGRM.

Great stuff and pure escapism! :D

If you've never been or haven't been for a while most certainly worth a visit,  The whole experience is fantastic.

Cheers,

Mark

Some great footage there. And some of it would fit in the 'When the real thing looks like a model' topic - the Garratt leaving Beddgelert, for example.

• RMweb Gold

If you've never been or haven't been for a while most certainly worth a visit,  The whole experience is fantastic.

Cheers,

Mark

Quite right. My first visit to Glaslyn was in 1966 aged 17. I could never have envisaged the trip I made in 2013 in a Pullman of that name! Not cheap, but great value for money by the standards of the preservation sector. And so much more successful than the original which closed in 1935.

• RMweb Gold

I

Quite right. My first visit to Glaslyn was in 1966 aged 17. I could never have envisaged the trip I made in 2013 in a Pullman of that name! Not cheap, but great value for money by the standards of the preservation sector. And so much more successful than the original which closed in 1935.

Totally agree Ian.

I was there last week and had a fantastic time.  Even met Paul Lewin the MD driving Lyd on footplate rides in the station yard at Porthmadog.  A really nice chap, personable and very modest of his work in helping the F&WHR continue to develop.

This shows in the level and quality of service and trips like you mention on Glaslyn are truly memorable. 

Cheers,

Mark

Some great footage there. And some of it would fit in the 'When the real thing looks like a model' topic - the Garratt leaving Beddgelert, for example.

Agreed - slightly sobering though to look at that footage and realise that my paltry attempts to model the WHR in 16mm scale in my garden are never, ever going to capture the beauty and grandeur of that scenery (and especially when I allow myself to get bogged down in details like getting the corridor connections to work round 5 foot radius curves). I wonder whether I can persuade my wife that an 8 foot high model of the Aberglaslyn Gorge in place of the vegetable patch would be an enhancement to the garden. Wish me luck.

David

Archived