The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Yahoo Mail - Is it just me?

Poor Old Bruce

Hi Folks,

I've not been able to access Yahoo Mail for the last two days. I get a page headed "There is a problem with this website's security certificate". Is anyone else having a similar problem?

I've also keep getting a message at the bottom of this page saying "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors."

Any comments anyone?

• RMweb Premium

Someone I know on another email forum had the same problem. It appears to be Yahoo.

However this morning he was able to get and send mail, so the problem seems to have been sorted out. 

Hopefully you will be able to too.

Rob

Edit: The message means some of the content trying to be loaded has an out of date security certificate. This happens from time to time with certain info' providers. So your system won't load it. Content for pages usually comes from several sources to make up the complete page, main site,ad's, and banners, etc. 

So long as you are getting the main body of the page, don't worry. The provider will eventually update their certificate, or correct the error.

I'm on BT Broadband, so have use of their email service provided by Yahoo, though I normally access it via Microsoft Office/Outlook Pro.

The problem I have seems to be related to it accessing their server reliably. I get over 100 emails daily (mainly Yahoo railway groups), which often are not fully downloaded when I try to open them. There is then a problem with Outlook freezing, sometimes for 2/3 minutes, bfore they open. Similarly if I try to class an email as Junk, or move it to another folder, or delete it. Last week I had to reinstall Windows XP etc; I temporarily lost Office for a few days so had to log on to Yahoo Mail. Again I had similar - though possibly less - problems.

Stewart

I think Yahoo mail has had a problem for some time.  On May 12th, I noticed when trying to sign-in to get my mail, Firefox (with the add-on Flagfox) was telling me I was connected to a server in IRAN.

I checked for a virus, but after achieving the same result on 3 separate PCs (2 Windows & 1 Linux), two of which had been rebuilt from re-formatted hard-drives,  I was satisfied that it wasn't my computer.

Also, it happened on 3 different ISPs - Three network via dongle, Virgin Media via cable and Post Office Broadband via DSL - which meant it probably wasn't the ISP.

I contacted Yahoo on July 9th and they raised a case and asked for more information.  By the time I got back with the information, they had closed the case.  It took so long to raise a case, I couldn't stand going through it again.

My conclusion is that your email sign-on details have been harvested, and are out on the web somewhere.  At the very least, change the password, or just accept that someone else is reading all your mail.

I've tried to show the screenprint in this post, but it doesn't work.

Tom

Archived