Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

WEST SHED

Andrew P

Thanks Andy,

I missed out on a Hornby std 4 on ebay the other week it went for $75.00 my Bachmann and old Mainline models stay in the display case as they just don't run well at all.

I might leave the std 5 for now, I shouldn't be buying steamers anyway.

Cheers Peter.

Just traded my Std 5 and Princess in for another Western and 22, :O  you can't have to many Westerns you know.

:no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

• Like 3

Morning Andy,

As you know from elsewhere, I've been a little crook for a few days and so just catching up. Apologies to you and your many followers for the rash of ratings.

Lovely work as ever mate, and how nice to see steam re-appearing on one of your layouts!

I noticed that you'd used the Peco inspection pits - quite a few people on RMweb have made a point about the difficulty of threading the code 75 rail through the chairs. Did you have any problems, and if so, how did you solve them? I hope to use them on the shed and as ash pits.

Keep up the good work, but I do worry that you are doing too much again!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock, yes I was sorry to hear you had not been well yet again, I hope Joanna is keeping an eye on you and making sure YOU don't over do things.

There will be a few Steamers on WS but I will be selective, most running will be Blue Diesel or Transission Steam Diesels so there will only be a bit of Steam. As you will see from the post above, I have just traded in my Bachmann Std 5 as it just didn't run as slow and sweet as I wanted for the Shed Layout due to NO Tender Pickups.

Re the Pits, mine are Code 100 even though the rest of the Layout is Code 75. I have used the Peco Code 100 / 75 Converter Track, (about 2 inches long) to run from 75 to 100. I had no problems threading the rails in, and then I soldered them together rather than rely on Fish Plates. 

Good Luck with Hurlford, when will you be making a start, and starting a Thread on it?

Re the rash of Likes etc, I have just logged on to 60, YES A MASSIVE SIXTY likes etc. Thanks Jock and ALL.

All the best.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Evening all, Well whilst my 08 was doing almost 4 hours light engine running around Pencarne this afternoon I've been doing a few small jobs here on West Shed.

Firstly I've given the Concrete Hard Standing a wash over with some Matt Black Humbrol and dirty thinners to tone it down a bit.

Then I fitted a pair of Magnets either side of the Stores Road so that Vans etc can be uncoupled and left in there.

And Lastly I've fitted 5 Yard Lights, (some still need straightening) but I'm pleased with them.

post-9335-0-59153500-1440958834_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52628300-1440958854_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25565300-1440958869_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-99434200-1440958884_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33660400-1440958906_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70129200-1440958922_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88250400-1440958937_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-24913800-1440958953_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-68977300-1440958970_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14159000-1440958992_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92957100-1440959012_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10756200-1440959037_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-17065700-1440959064_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-60406800-1440959083_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-68728300-1440959103_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-55070000-1440959124_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19871300-1440959144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 17

Love it mate, really looking good...

Looking nice loving the Weston and the shunter

Very nice, it reminds me a little of Penzance in the 1970s

cheers

Cheers guys, I'm really enjoying it too, its nice to be doing different things whilst Trains are running around on Pencarne to test all the Stock and the Station Loops etc on there. I will be doing some more on Pencarne this coming week whilst waiting for George T to visit and bring down the portion of Factory / Warehouses that he has done, and I'll also need to re do the ones shown above to the same high standard. 

Looks amazing!

Surprise surprise. A month of RMWEB and Bodgit has already got 2 new layouts! :D

Now, if only I was able to move that quickly with Dunoon.....

Keep up the good work!

And George - The buildings look amazing great work!

The Doctor

(peter)

Hi Peter, I've just had a look at your Dunoon thread and the link to the Videos, there very good and your Layout's coming on well.

Just traded my Std 5 and Princess in for another Western and 22, :O  you can't have to many Westerns you know.

:no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

Swapping steam for diesels can't be bad. :locomotive:  I don't own any Westerns myself but they are a nice loco.

Who makes the Yard lights? they look pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

Swapping steam for diesels can't be bad. :locomotive:  I don't own any Westerns myself but they are a nice loco.

Who makes the Yard lights? they look pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, the Lights are 7mm O Gauge from Kites Lights, (hence the big ladders, that I will change later) there are 5 in a pack, BUT they are marked as 6V with resistor, (supplied) or 12 V if in Series with a resistor, I'm running mine 2 at a time in series with a resistor and off the Bus Bar. There Bulbs NOT LED's so I hope I don't blow them in time.

• Like 1

Had a little Play with the Blue Stock this evening, some 50's the Warship and Sound 47's, and also shunting Wagons about with the 08, now I need an 08 with Sound AGAIN, (sold my last one to George T, who then sold it to Peter BB).

yes I also need a Sound 08 - but in BR Green not blue!

I am also saving up to get DCC Sound for my Hornby L1 and the Bachmann 128

Yes mine will need to be a Green one, the Blue Bachy one is OK but the Hornby one has finer coupling Rods and LOADS of pipe detail as well. I know it will need to be a Green un as Hornby don't do a Blue Sound one I don't think.

Still I can always use a Green un on the next little project. :O

:nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  

• Like 2

Which "next little project" ? ? ?    :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  :scratchhead: 

Just curious…  :O  :O  :O 

Armin 

Hi Armin, yes its all drawn and planned but TWO AT A TIME is enough for the Build part otherwise I get confussed, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait a few more weeks yet for the Thread to start. :scratchhead:

• Like 3

Morning Bodgit, l was thinking can you not fit WS into PJ ?? ...would be great to run light engines to and fro...just a thought...

As you may have read in Pencarne I'm thinking of a Stabling Point like Newport, hence Peter's photo of Newport.

This evening I've managed to sort out the wonky roof on the Metcalfe Engine Shed and its looking a lot better, but I forgot to take any pics but do so tomorrow.

Was going to mention that, but you beat me to it ? looking good buddy...