The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Phil Bullock

Thanks for that, Phil; it's a Belgian-built equivalent of the Tiger Moth, with the same engine. Used by the French and Belgians as a basic trainer. There's someone who operates a Tiger Moth and a Harvard from a field near hear (they got moved off Manston when it was sold); I must see how much a flight costs.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that, Phil; it's a Belgian-built equivalent of the Tiger Moth, with the same engine. Used by the French and Belgians as a basic trainer. There's someone who operates a Tiger Moth and a Harvard from a field near hear (they got moved off Manston when it was sold); I must see how much a flight costs.

Do it brian - fantastic experience

Phil

I bought SWMBO a birthday flight, and was surprised how easy it was to arrange, and how reasonable the cost was. I simply phoned the flight training school, and they basically said "any time you like, guvnor" and I reckon it cost less to hire than a cab in Central London for the same duration.

We spotted nearly 100 tiger moths, and their close relations at Woburn on Sunday - including the Railway Air Services DH Dragon, and, sort of related to the Ryanair point, Aer Lingus' first plane, another Dragon. The two put on a marvellous duet display.

Chocks away!

K

• RMweb Gold

Biggles you say? My first reaction was: http://www.biggles.info/ You certainly don't look like that :O

:jester:

(oh, and congrats on reaching the 6  :yes:  )

Hee hee they don't write them like that any more .... probably a good job!

And thanks for the birthday wishes too...

Phil

• RMweb Gold

We spotted nearly 100 tiger moths, and their close relations at Woburn on Sunday - including the Railway Air Services DH Dragon, and, sort of related to the Ryanair point, Aer Lingus' first plane, another Dragon. The two put on a marvellous duet display.

Chocks away!

K

We were at the Shuttleworth flying proms on Saturday and the Dragon left there for Woburn mid/late afternoon.

Lovely day out.  :sungum:

We spotted nearly 100 tiger moths, and their close relations at Woburn on Sunday -

K

...including the debut of a nice NZ registered Fox that my Dad has helped to restore. I would have gone but work commitments got in the way...

Archived