LOCO ID HELP REQUIRED

d600

I think you are right with the NBL shunter description, d600.

It looks like one of the class commencing with D2708 to me. 0-4-0  225hp MAN engines with Voith transmissions.

What amazed me about the class was that 73 of these were built, plus another 8 with Paxman 200hp engines, and yet only a few made it into 1968 in service.

Edited to add a decent photo link - http://www.rail-online.co.uk/p755970260/h6C75DCAB#h6c75dcab

That's definitely the baby, not sure about the kit though, Agenoria do it, but theirs was all nickel silver, so unless Mike Edge has blown up a 4mm kit for someone I am at a loss.

Would like to know though as I stall have 4 to build.

post-18627-0-42035600-1440072612_thumb.jpg

Peter

Hi thanxs for the replies guys I think you have hit it on the head Peter that is the loco I seem to be missing an exhaust pipe,I thought it might be a Judith edge kit it is all brass with some whitemetal parts it's got a terrable limp one way so will need looking at.

Cheers

Hi well today I have taken the body off and it says on the bottom Dev by Jim Harris for little gem N.B 225hp 0-4-0 1988 so that's that I thought little gem was n and oo stuff .

cheers

Hi thank you for the replies I have another query now lol the loco has a limp when running the front wheel lifts very slightly from the track it seems worse going forwards I took the motor out and pushed her along she seemed to run smoother the motor and gearbox seem not to be attached to anythink the motor mount have the axle going through it so the motor moves left to right when the body is off.

Cheers

post-11190-0-20158400-1440741105_thumb.jpg

post-11190-0-04654300-1440741116_thumb.jpg

If it is a rigid chassis, no suspension/compensation, it might be that one of the axle bearings has been soldered-in slightly out of kilter, or fitted tight into an etched hole that is etched slightly out.

If so, to approaches:

Brutal - twist the chassis slightly to bring the problem wheel down (a lightweight etched chassis can sometimes get twisted by being screwed up too tight to a very slightly twisted loco body).

Subtle - dismantle, remove one axle bearing,very slightly enlarge the hole hole into which it fits, if necessary, then get everything set up dead right in all directions, and solder the bearing in.

But, also worth considering the possibility that the problem is slightly the converse,that one bearing is moving about under load, maybe having been left sloppy to give a degree of "three-legged stool" compensation. If this is the case, the cure is not hugely different,but will yield a rigid chassis.

Finally, I would fit something to hold the motor in one place, and act as a reaction-stop, to prevent it trying to "climb round the axle" under load - it's movement might not be driving the problem, but relying on the body to hold it seems like a not brilliant idea to me.

Kevin

Archived