Roco DRG E94 HO scale

Hi chaps

Looking for some tips with this lovely machine :)

post-1423-0-27616400-1440155614_thumb.jpg

I have bags of detail parts but no idea where they fit.

Also, I want to pose the pantographs, but the springs are very strong, other than remove one spring what do people do to restrict the hight of the pantographs?

Also, the couplings are not NEM or tight lock type, what do I need so I can couple to existing stock?

Any other helpful hints would be great.

Many thanks

Hi, yes they are a bit like that but my Bachmann ones seem too wide.

I want to service and check the loco over but there are no instructions or diagrams on how to open the body and bonnet ends!

Searched on line but can't find anything? can anyone help.

Roco loco bodies usually clip off quite easily, not sure about the noses

Thanks, the nose ends can be prised up a bit but are alarmingly clinging on to the point where I don't want to risk any more pressure, not even looked at the main body removal.

I have emailed Roco asking if they have a link to download the full instructions, would be impressed if they can help.

Must be another owner on here who can help me?

I don't have the instructions for that particular model, it being the latest revision with LED lighting and extra detailing, but the attachment of the body looks to be the same as earlier models.

They infer that you remove the centre section first. To do that you need to spread the sides and then lift it off. On part 22 on page 2 of the spares list you will see a couple of rectangular cutouts where the body clips into. They suggest small screwdrivers but I keep some strips of 40 thou plasticard about 5 mm wide and chamfered like a chisel to do this kind of thing. Similarly the end hoods are secured at the inner end by a clip each side. Again spread and lift.

Brian G.

Archived