Warley NEC - All over for another year. Feedback so Far.

wollastonblue

• RMweb Premium

I will also be there with Tickhill & Wadworth (Stand E15) along with Ken Hill and Malcolm Crawley. It makes me wonder how many RMWeb members are actually exhibiting/trading/demonstrating there! In some ways it is like a secret society because of the choice that many people make to remain "anon" behind their user names. I might have a crowd of RMWebbers around the layout and I would never know.........

If anybody wants to say hello please do. We don't bite and don't need any second requests to talk model railways!

Tony Gee

I will also be there with Tickhill & Wadworth (Stand E15) along with Ken Hill and Malcolm Crawley. It makes me wonder how many RMWeb members are actually exhibiting/trading/demonstrating there! In some ways it is like a secret society because of the choice that many people make to remain "anon" behind their user names. I might have a crowd of RMWebbers around the layout and I would never know.........

If anybody wants to say hello please do. We don't bite and don't need any second requests to talk model railways!

Tony Gee

Maybe some one could produce a badge for us to download and print for us to show we are part of the RMWEB

Is the meet up 1 both days ?

TOPIC STARTED IS NOW ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY THURSDAY AND FRIDAY OR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY DEPENDING HOW YOU COUNT IT

Sam

Maybe some one could produce a badge for us to download and print for us to show we are part of the RMWEB

Taking this one a bit further, using a web-based company such as Name Badges International (I used them for my F&DMRC Badge, no affilliation), could we not define an "Official" RMWeb Logo, and either produce our own as / when / if we want them, or, explore a Merchandise section on RM Web?

Just a thought... unsure.gif

It will make us easier to identify

Have you had any reply?

I have been asked for my postal address so that he can send them.

However, I feel it's now in Andy Y's court to pick this one up, as I've only discussed this with him in the private domain and this is now public.

Andy .....

This is a matter of personal opinion i think it is a good show with the range of layouts and trade

• I must worn you that some of the trade is expensive but then when you hear how much they have to charge the trade it is not surprising
  • This year there are some excellent layouts and some familiar ones from on here
  • The demos are very good and it is worth setting aside some time to see them

All in all it is a good show and i look forward to it every year

Print a list of the following society's, demos and traders from the website and mark the ones you want to visit

Sam

ok thanks very much could you send me the link so i can print that list off please. :)

ok thanks very much could you send me the link so i can print that list off please. smile.gif

Hope this helps - buying a show guide is a good idea for the plan or map what ever you call it

Home page - http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/

Trade - http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/trade.htm

Demos- http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/demonstrators.htm

Society's-http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/societies.htm

Lauots under gauges on home page if you want thoes details

Sam

i need to pick up a left hand curved point in OO will this be more expensive than buying off Hornby's website or will it be cheaper?

Should be cheaper anywhere than the Hornby Website. Hornby tend to sell everything at RRP, so the other dealers should be cheaper. For example, Hornby Website: ??16.45. My local shop (Usual Disclaimer): ??11.99.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Still haven't got my list sorted yet. See you all at the centrepiece tomorrow at 1.

• RMweb Premium

i should be arriving at around 1.30 tomorow after noon, i will b wearing my RMweb badge i made all 3 days, so if u spot me, do stop me and say hello!

t-b-g - is rachael coming to warley or is she still an uni?

martin

Sadly not! When Tickhill is fitted into the vehicles there ain't no room for extra crew! So we will have to make do with the less easy on the eye older male operators!!!

Think i have finalised my shopping list and it looks quite expensive som e of it might end up being pressies for xmas.

My gear is all on charge - due to leave about but have to stop on the way so will be at my hotel by about 7 - quick dinner and couple of drink then off to bed to get a good nights sleep

Sam

Just about to head off to load up Wood Street ready for the trek up to the NEC for this afternoon. For me the weekend starts in a little over 20 minutes!

Anyone who manages to stumble across the layout over the weekend - feel free to say hi. I'm the short fella with specs! :-)

Here goes nothing...

I be looking forward to see your layout in the flesh

Hope this helps - buying a show guide is a good idea for the plan or map what ever you call it

Sam

Last year IIRC the plan in the guide was wrong. Orienteering is not my strong point.

Seems like some of us are too easily excited btw ...

Chris

Mount Pleasant is in transit to the Warley Show ( a 5 mile journey from Solihull to the N.E.C ) The micro layout is a 4mm 00 gauge shunting plank the main board is only 4 ft 8 1/2 inches in length with a 2ft 2 inch two track traverser/fiddle yard.

Mount Pleasant is a ficticious location somewhere in the Black Country. My good friend Mike Bragg built the layout during 2005, I have owned the layout for some two years as Mike now actively models in 7mm.

Mike Bragg ( RM Web memeber ) and Barrie Watkins will operate on Saturday, Mike and I will do Sunday.

Please come along to stand E16 to say Hello, and to view what can be accomodated in a small layout area ( but dont blink when passing as you may miss us!! )

Hope that all attend have an enjoyable day.

Best wishes

Richard Carpenter

• RMweb Gold

My wife is Fantastic. I posted a while back that she is trapped at home with a titch who has chicken pox so was not 100% sure if I would even make it.

She has arranged for a Grand parent to take our eldest to his music lesson in the morning so I am free to set off early and hopefully be there for 9:30. This is on top of the news that i will be spending next week in Redditch.

Seems like some of us are too easily excited btw ...

Chris

It would seem so Chris, I fail to understand the froth, its a model rail show not the holy grail. Mind you its not quite as bad a the ****er with all the emoticons last year though.

Archived