Warley NEC - All over for another year. Feedback so Far.

wollastonblue

London Transport Museum Depot were running a 'no bags' policy, which I think is standard. Made sense considering the place really isn't built for people swinging bags around. Next time I go I'd probably just not take a bag. I've got a folding re-useable bag I got in Morrisons which sort of fits in my coat pockets if I scrunch it up a bit, so that's useful for purchases. Saves on plastic bags too.

But yes, I have to agree. Not a fan of backpacks, but I fully appreciate some people have a good reason to have them, as they are easier to use if you need to keep hands free for whatever reason.

Hadn't really planned on going but it looks as though I shall be there both days helping/hindering with County Gate. :)

Cheers

Dave

hope to have a good weekend, i shall probably see you at 1.30 - 2 ish on friday then.. :). hope it all goes smoothly

martin

• RMweb Premium

Anyone know what hotels the exhibitors are being put in? Not the Coventry Hill again :icon_thumbsdown2:

I'm in the Express by Holiday Inn,on the north east corner of the site.

I'll be there with my not too big back pack (which I am very careful with except in the case of people who should have had a good thwacking years ago). I might actually try bringing some lunch with me rather than joining the long queue to be ripped off. Otherwise I mostly need the backpack in my capacity as the Stationmaster's Sherpa/close protection officer.

• RMweb Gold

Why is it someone in my Family is always ill around Warley. My youngest is coming down with Chicken Pox, which means SWMBO is now trapped in the house looking after him. Whilst I have the ticket, I will probably have to make the call on Saturday morning depending on how Stir Crazy my wife is going as it may be more important to let her escape.

• RMweb Gold

Fisherton Sarum will be dismantled tomorrow afternoon ready for heading to the NEC on Friday. Many thanks to the High Wycombe and District MRS for allowing me to have it put up for a few weeks to get it ready and make a few final tweaks.

I am stand B32 and look forward to meeting many Rmwebbers so please come and say hello.

(Picture below with courtesy of Hornby Magazine and Chris Nevard)

gallery_243_2_162534.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Fisherton Sarum will be dismantled tomorrow afternoon ready for heading to the NEC on Friday. Many thanks to the High Wycombe and District MRS for allowing me to have it put up for a few weeks to get it ready and make a few final tweaks.

I am stand B32 and look forward to meeting many Rmwebbers so please come and say hello.

gallery_243_2_162534.jpg

Looking forward to getting a chance to fight my way through the Saturday crowds :) (and to study the finer arts of engine shed construction - 2010 draws nigh)

I shall be there on Sunday im taking my grandad this will be my second show i have been too is it a good show?

This is a matter of personal opinion i think it is a good show with the range of layouts and trade

• I must worn you that some of the trade is expensive but then when you hear how much they have to charge the trade it is not surprising
  • This year there are some excellent layouts and some familiar ones from on here
  • The demos are very good and it is worth setting aside some time to see them

All in all it is a good show and i look forward to it every year

Print a list of the following society's, demos and traders from the website and mark the ones you want to visit

Sam

• RMweb Gold

(Picture below with courtesy of Hornby Magazine and Chris Nevard)

gallery_243_2_162534.jpg

Still not built an extension with those tempting plans? laugh.gif I got the show guide for the floor plan really so I can plan a few stops and not miss the best bits like this. Spent a happy hour at work colouring in stands to visit biggrin.gif

Not sure why they thought the guide was the place to put an article on kit building and other stuff though, I'd rather have more trackplans and photos of the layouts

Archived