Peco 7mm Wagon Buffers - How Are They Fitted?

BG John

I bought a built Peco 4 plank open wagon on eBay, that came without buffers and couplings. I've bought the RO-3 pack containing the bits, but I'm not sure how to assemble it. I can see how everything fits together, but how are the buffer heads fixed to stop them falling out? Has anyone got the kit instructions they could copy, or can someone describe describe what they say?

I'm not entirely certain what you're getting at, but there is a picture of the setup on Peco's own website just follow through O gauge to wagons and find your buffers.  It's a wire through the back of the coupling to the back of each buffer. I believe that wire then acts as a spring.

Hi the peco kits I've built you push buffer housing into wagon then from behind you super glue a small round brass loop to back of housing then push buffer head in and glue a brass cap on the end it has a groove cut across it and then insert coupling hooks and thread a piece of springy wire through hole in coupling hook then the ends of the wire fits in the grooves on the back of buffers hope this helps.

Cheers

So you glue it all together. Thanks, that's all I needed to know. I didn't want to do that then find out it was supposed to be done differently, and have some unforeseen problem!

I'm thinking of trying Dingham couplings, so need to fit the 3-link for now, but be able to change it later.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived