Trying to find 7mm scale LMS locomotive kit suppliers...

ChooChoo_Baloo

As per the title, I am struggling to find 7mm LMS loco kit suppliers. I can only find two suppliers with 2 or more locos available: David Andrews and Acme Models.

I am a newcomer to 7mm scale modelling, so if anyone can name additional suppliers that would be great. Thanks in advance.

I suspect there are plenty of suppliers. Have you checked the Gauge O Guild's list of traders? You may have to trawl through a number of non-relevant or moribund sites, but I quickly found JLTRT, Ace Products and Gladiator, even if the last is in abeyance for the moment, but, judging by reports from GOG exhibitions there are lots more.

Hi,

I don't think Acme are still around; in any case I wouldn't recommend those kits to a beginner.  David Andrews kits are very good and fit together without hassle but in the main they are not simple (outside valve gear and all that), so maybe not a first kit.

Many people recommend Connoisseur Models, and Jim Mcgeown does a Jinty tank and a Fowler 4F.  They are simple, fit together and Jim will always talk you through any problems.

Contact details for David and Jim can be found on the Gauge 0 Guild website, and you can always trawl for other suppliers.  A reminder that Guildex at Telford is coming up on 5 and 6 September.

Bill

That's a good point. ABS will be there and they do a mixed media Jinty. I have built both ABS and one of Jim's both very good. If you are a first time visitor to Telford it might be better to come on Sunday as its a lot less mad.

Marc 

I'm actually surprised that Dapol didn't go for a Jinty over a terrier.

The Terrier is longer lived, and has carried many different liveries. The Jinty just has early/late LMS and BR.

If they are going for people collecting the entire range, the Terrier is more sales for them.

Archived