Paddington to Worcester services?

jonny777

Apparently, I am accompanying Mrs Jonny on a trip from Reading to Worcester in September.

Not being familiar with this route, what kind of passenger trains operate on the line? Will I be crammed into an uncomfortable seat in a plastic unit-style thingy, or are HSTs used on these services?

I would prefer a Hymek with 9 on, but I gather these more gentlemanly trains were taken out of service some time ago.

A right mixture of HST, Class 180, and class 16X.

Best way to suss which is which is to do an inquiry on Realtime Trains for Moreton-In-Marsh and click on specific trains (the headcode) to see what it's timed for.

Thanks for that info Mr Stationmaster. I had not realised that Realtime Trains contained so much detail.

Ah shame we cant run out a proper train for you Jonny - a Class 43 Warship plus 7 along the beautifully scenic line was a fantastic way to get to/from London

Phil

Now that would be wonderful. Were that to happen, I might be tempted to let SWMBO get off in Worcester and for me to continue on to Hereford.

Now that would be wonderful. Were that to happen, I might be tempted to let SWMBO get off in Worcester and for me to continue on to Hereford.

You should be tempted anyway, a lovely stretch of railway, and a HST is hardly the worst way to do it, failing that neither is a London Midland Turbostar, just watch out for that class 150.

• RMweb Gold

And you would get a loco change at Shrub Hill too.....

Phil

Archived