Guru Meditation?

• RMweb Premium

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1535906820

Varnish cache server

Is all I can see if I try to post in some topics specifically ERs although some others seem to be posting at a slower rate than usual.  I can post "test" in test but not the text of my intended ER post.  Cache already cleaned and a full mischief check is clear.

Any offers?

• RMweb Gold

Cache already cleaned and a full mischief check is clear. Any offers?

It's nothing at your end.

"Guru Meditation" is a geeky error message originally used on the Commodore Amiga home computer when it crashed.

It is still sometimes used for fatal (i.e. unrecoverable) errors in other software. In this case it is in RMweb's cache server.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

It's nothing at your end.

"Guru Meditation" is a geeky error message originally used on the Commodore Amiga home computer when it crashed.

It is still sometimes used for fatal (i.e. unrecoverable) errors in other software. In this case it is in RMweb's cache server.

Martin.

Look on this as one of the added user benefits of the site: RMweb gives you the error messages the others can't reach.

... and somebody even goes to the trouble of explaining what said error messages mean.

Many thanks,

Huw.

• RMweb Premium

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable Guru Meditation:

XID: 1535906820

Varnish cache server

Is all I can see if I try to post in some topics specifically ERs although some others seem to be posting at a slower rate than usual. I can post "test" in test but not the text of my intended ER post. Cache already cleaned and a full mischief check is clear.

Any offers?

I get exactly the same error message which totally blocks RMWeb using Chrome browser, cannot read any posts. I have cleared cache & cookies. How do I sort this? Currently I'm in Firefox. Dava

• RMweb Gold

Ok, here's the definitive explanation of the error message:

Error 503 Service Unavailable   -   There is a critical problem with some of the software on the server

Service Unavailable                   -   Did I mention, it's quite serious!

Guru Meditation:                      -  AndyY is asleep, so we're trying to fix it ourselves...

XID: 1535906820                   -  It always looks cool to add an obscure acronym and a random bunch of numbers to any error message, but it tells us all really

Varnish cache server               -   it's like watching paint dry, isn't it

I hope that finally clears up any misunderstandings.

Al.

Archived