• 3 weeks later...

Commenting on the last two main photo update posts, this is astonishingly good modelling. The 3d print 700 is awesome, what a great project. 

On 11/04/2024 at 21:36, tjf4375 said:

Sidings2.jpg.c865b77034ec2108de3ab65c8fff2077.jpg
Another view of the new yard

carpark2.jpg.77930ee50d427d90c6028d6e940946d4.jpg
Elsewhere work has continued on the up-side of the station, with resurfacing and fencing, as well as parking space markings, adding to the scene

Networker.jpg.14aefa7939bb37de3410152b424eeba5.jpg
 😂

Stock line up in the new yard is awesome, the variety of stock shouts ''third rail land", it could be Grove Park berthing sidings.....

2nd pic down, this, have to say it grabbed me by the throat, stunning is not a strong enough word, got to be my railway modelling photo of the year. Are you sure its not the real thing?

And finally, just perfect..... FCC 319 and a Networker. It's funny really, I like probably a lot on here am very loco centric. But, lovely models of units that in real life did not warrant a second glance are the stars of the show, no doubt a lot of modelling input to get them to look as good as this.

I have been very impressed by your modelling further up thread when I discovered it, but these latest updates are just outstanding.

Cheers

TT100 Diesels

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, TT100 Diesels said:

Commenting on the last two main photo update posts, this is astonishingly good modelling. The 3d print 700 is awesome, what a great project. 

Stock line up in the new yard is awesome, the variety of stock shouts ''third rail land", it could be Grove Park berthing sidings.....

2nd pic down, this, have to say it grabbed me by the throat, stunning is not a strong enough word, got to be my railway modelling photo of the year. Are you sure its not the real thing?

And finally, just perfect..... FCC 319 and a Networker. It's funny really, I like probably a lot on here am very loco centric. But, lovely models of units that in real life did not warrant a second glance are the stars of the show, no doubt a lot of modelling input to get them to look as good as this.

I have been very impressed by your modelling further up thread when I discovered it, but these latest updates are just outstanding.

Cheers

TT100 Diesels

Really kind comment, many thanks! Grove Park is exactly the look and feel I'm going for with the storage yard so I'm really glad that's come through. It wasn't initially meant to be a scenic area but when I filmed some of the cab ride videos for youtube I realised it would make quite an interesting scenic project! The boards could probably hold about twice the number of lines if I squeezed them up more efficiently, but I've purposefully not done that as want to put a bit of scenic detail/access platforms between them eventually.

Thanks for your comments on the EMUs as well - possibly due to the area I'm modelling, EMUs form the backbone of the fleet but I one of the reasons I chose Sevenoaks to model is that it gets a lot of loco hauled stuff as well - freight and railtours. That said I need to stop acquiring stock now and concentrate a bit more on the scenics again!

Tim

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, WCML100 said:

Some great progress. The 700 looks great and looking forward to seeing this finished! Liking the replacement bus! A nice touch! 

Thanks mate, much appreciated! :)

• Like 1

On 30/04/2024 at 22:57, shanks522 said:

That 700 is a work of art! Even in it’s unfinished condition, great work 👌

Graham. 

Thanks Graham, much appreciated 👍

On 30/04/2024 at 22:47, lego legs said:

Looking incredible. Love the work on the 700. What will you do for glazing?

Thanks! The glazing is 1mm CNC cut acrylic - will be about the last thing to go in after the livery's painted. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ravel said:

The 700 looks great! What wheels have you used? I am tempted with a 197 but not sure which axles/wheels to use. 

Thanks! I'm using Bachmann Class 170 wheels :)

• Thanks 1