What a superb rendition. I can't say that using Sevenoaks station as a passenger fills me with joy, especially at this time of year, but your attention to detail and capture of the character of the place is spot on.

Adam

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, WCML100 said:

Looking good, i feel scratchbuilt station footbridges rarely capture the staircases well. It is a tricky thing to get right, but your look bang on the money, i look forward to the rest of it coming together!

Thanks mate! They were a real pain to do as in reality they're straight and parallel, but had to be curved on the layout to match the platforms. They do look a bit strange on their own but hopefully it will make sense when the central bit is in place :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam said:

What a superb rendition. I can't say that using Sevenoaks station as a passenger fills me with joy, especially at this time of year, but your attention to detail and capture of the character of the place is spot on.

Adam

Thanks Adam! Appreciate the kind comments and glad you feel I've managed to capture the essence of it! You're right - it's not a particularly idyllic location and downright miserable this time of year. Not quite as miserable as Orpington though 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tjf4375 said:

Thanks Adam! Appreciate the kind comments and glad you feel I've managed to capture the essence of it! You're right - it's not a particularly idyllic location and downright miserable this time of year. Not quite as miserable as Orpington though 😂

Oh, I don't know - Orpington has a waiting room with heating and a door (though it's in Orpington...). Keep up the good work - and don't forget the staff cubby hole under the stairs at the country end of platform 3: I've never seen the door closed,

Adam

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Oh, I don't know - Orpington has a waiting room with heating and a door (though it's in Orpington...). Keep up the good work - and don't forget the staff cubby hole under the stairs at the country end of platform 3: I've never seen the door closed,

Adam

Yeh I guess a heated waiting room is something of a luxury these days! :)  I will make a point of keeping that door open on the layout - keep an eye out for further updates! 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Real quality this is mate! It may take an age but oh it really is worth the results! Will be amazing once all completed! I can imagine the satisfaction once your putting the final details on the station like signage and benches etc! Will be great 😅

25 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Real quality this is mate! It may take an age but oh it really is worth the results! Will be amazing once all completed! I can imagine the satisfaction once your putting the final details on the station like signage and benches etc! Will be great 😅

Thanks mate! Really appreciated :)  I must admit I am really looking forward to the details stage, as there are so many amazing products out there now and we're spoilt for choice. I did stick a sneaky bench on the down end of platform 2 a while ago just to scratch that itch, but have resisted the temptation to do any more 😂

• Like 2

Superb work. So satisfying to see it come together - and such attention to detail. Passed through here twice a day for many years during the period you are modelling. The Lion King and From the Oasthouse👌. Recognise that temptation to move onto new projects and parts of the build. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, number6 said:

Superb work. So satisfying to see it come together - and such attention to detail. Passed through here twice a day for many years during the period you are modelling. The Lion King and From the Oasthouse👌. Recognise that temptation to move onto new projects and parts of the build. 

Thanks very much mate, really appreciate that. Getting such feedback from someone who's so familiar with the station means a lot. The posters just happened to be the ones I picked up when I was filming there back in August so they do somewhat set it in time😂

I'm definitely keen to move onto different parts of the layout but I'm resisting that temptation until this area is finished because coming back to the drawings and trying to get myself back into the zone will be really difficult after a break.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2023 at 02:07, tjf4375 said:

Just a quick update this evening with a few more progress pics of the footbridge, and the new addition to the layout!  

Use2.jpg.e01f67214b58b848135af1d08edb7fcd.jpg
And here's a shot of the new arrival which turned up a few days ago. It's a lovely model and I'm really pleased Bachmann have finally released these after so long. Badly needs weathering though!

Oh now yer talkin! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CazRail said:

Love that second photo, how the track is hemmed in between all the different structures. 

Thanks! I was pleased with that shot too, enjoying the wide angle setting on my phone which I didn't have on the old one 😂

• RMweb Gold

The cameras on modern phones are truly outstanding. My current phones camera has over 8 times the megapixels that my DSLR has. The DSLR still takes better photos though because of the quality of the lens, well it does in my wife's hands, she is a far better photographer than I am. Where it really excels is when I bolt it on to my telescope. 

Regards Lez.     

Agreed Lez. I'm staggered by how good they are these days. A while back I took a photo with mine in low light levels where I could only see in black and white, but the phone picked it up in colour! Just incredible.

I can imagine you get some stunning shots with the telescope/phone combo!