Bad request

81C

Comes up if you repeat click too fast. frequently happens when there is a speed glitch on the broadband. Not enough time for the message to get to the server and back with the refreshed page. Try not to be so enthusiastic. stroke your mouse and pause for it to respond rather than drumming its left ear.

I have had occasional problems with these malware thingys and they are a devil of a job to get rid of.

However, they must reside somewhere and usually it is in the browser plug-in folder. Have a look in there and delete any plug-ins that look dodgy.

If that doesn't work for me I delete the entire browser software and anything with the browser name on it, then reload the software from the parent site and launch it again. The problem with these things; is they are disguised to look like part of the page and have a tempting looking 'ok' button on them. Once you have pressed it (almost as a routine reaction) you are done for and the malware has installed itself.

The ones I hate the most are those which delete all the preferred browser search engines and substitute one that I have never heard of that come up with a complete load of rubbish.

Still getting the La Superba crap I've turned the wick up on the security tag and Norton is going potty I'm going to back date if that don't work i thing I will drop this site i wasted all day on it thats no fun.

Kenton thanks for your idea but it's still doing it.

Which browser are you using?

Not a cure (that is removal of the infection) and I wouldn't trust that link above as it is asking to download some other unknown add on.

In Firefox you can add things like Ghostery and Disconnect that can block these nasty programs from making internet requests (and thereby blocking their ads) Also most of these nasty internet objects function using javascript in your browser. Javascript enables them to g and collect the advert and then manipulate the code sent by the good site so it shows the advert. You my like to try an experiment and to block javascript in your browser. If that works there are slightly less clumsy ways of blocking javascript so you can be more selective. Another way may be to prevent the application from going through your firewall which it must currently do to get the advert.

In the end the only solution is to remove the program and the virus that is masquerading as a helper.

I'm annoyed the enigma download failed I will endeavor to try your jarva idea I hate messing and guessing If I don't come back it's failed and I've copped the ar8e.

Javascript not Java, two entirely different problems for computer. (Java is even worse as it gives access to every nook and corner of your PC) Javascript is less of a problem but "can" be just as dangerous as it communicates with all sorts of low life on the internet through the browser.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but I doubt if it is purely related to RMWeb. RMWeb only uses one third party set of code (google) and unless you are as paranoid as me then it is unlikely to be them. But there are a few pages on /rm/web that do seem to call on other code snippets and trackers. The most frequent and annoying is "Google Platform". These intrusions are not necessary to serving up good web pages and can be (IMO should be) avoided. They may not come from the RMWeb site directly as they may come from the images uploaded or various linked images. Again they should not be there and there are ways to block them, but as users we shouldn't need to.

There are a lot worse sites out there for trackers and adware. Again, I doubt if it is isolated to RMWeb

I honestly don't know what to suggest Bob; it's something on your system (which has in all likelihood come from elsewhere on the 'net as there's been no other reports of similar from other users) rather than anything on the server so it's nothing I can influence.

Even if you come off RMweb the adware will still be on your system and may re-appear at some future point when viewing other sites.

The only other thing I can suggest is to download the free version of Adaware - http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware.php- and see if that removes the malware.

Archived