Pullman coach drawings

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of some drawings of the Pullman coaches please? I have a feeling some magazines oublish d some a while back but not 100% on that. Thanks

What sort of Pullmans are you after. Lots of different types. The Midland had some from the 1870s, through to Mk3 coach offerings.

The Anthony Ford books Pullman Profile No 2 The Standard K Type Cars, and No 3 The All Steel K Type Pullman Cars are just about as good as it gets.

Birmingham Library had the Pullman Drawings from Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. last time I was looking, but that might be a bit of a trip for you!

Not sure about your type U's without a bit of digging, I thought the 1950's ones were type P and K, but I will have a look through my Pullman books to see what I can find out. The only 1951 drawing I have immediately to hand is Orion, the kitchen car, but there's probably some others lurking around.

If you have specific coaches PM me and I will see what I've got.

Peter

Edit

PS I do have a bit of a soft spot for Pullmans

post-18627-0-58930700-1442837442_thumb.jpg

Had a quick look through the reference books, I think I can come up with drawings of the funeral train coaches, but they are all of the original coaches, not the re-builds that put in square windows.

The window drawing for the late 1940's rebuilds with the square windows seems to be a rare beast, I have a particularly poor plan on the 'Orion' coach drawing, but there's nothing in the Ford books with a decent sketck.

Having turned to the internet to see what was available, I came up with this site

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972191-scratch-build-of-1951-pullman-carriage-rolling-yer-own-bogies/

where this guy appears to have done CAD drawings for the window, and lo and behold it rang a bell with this post

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/102547-1951-pullman-scratchbuild/

so it may be worth sending him a PM for a copy of the window drawing.

In the interim I will sort out whatever scans of relevant drawings I can, if you PM me with an e-mail address I will send them to you in as high a resolution as I can.

It may take a day or two but I'm on the case.

Peter

Archived