Model Rail 214 October 2015

dibber25

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this issue, especially the bit about Jersey's railways. 

I don't mind the special editions pages and stuff. Often been tempted to buy a sentinel, but not got round to it. I like the fact they are producing some exclusive models.

EDIT: I like the inclusion of large pictures and would prefer several different pictures of a layout than a load of paragraphs about what type of point motor they used originally and have now replaced or the fact they got their timber cut by the friendly guy at their local B&Q. A lot of what appears in the article amount to fairly useless factoids. I'll never see the point motors in action so why tell me about them?

• RMweb Gold

I'll never see the point motors in action so why tell me about them?

But there are lots of people like me who do install, use and see point motors in action, and we want to know how other people use them and how they overcame their problems with them.

Well, OK. Fair enough. If that's what floats your boat. I don't really find it always adds that much.

It amuses me when an article goes into great detail about the timber or how they constructed the legs and there are no photos of the lay-out from a distance. Or they talk about the fiddle yard, which again is conspicuously lacking from the photos - possibly even photoshopped out. Why not show the whole thing, fiddle yard and legs included? We know it's a model. It won't spoil it for us seeing 'behind the curtain' as it were.

Archived