Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

MLI #215 - DC Electric Locos

Peter Kazmierczak

The latest edition was given to me by our postie this morning.

It covers the NER overhead electric locos, those of the SR (and the Class 71s), as well as the ever-popular Woodhead electrics.

Some familiar illustrations, but a lot I'd not seen before. A superb one of an EM2 emerging from Woodhead Tunnel in 1956.

Some irritating picture captions though. For example, one states that the EM2s were stored following the end of passenger services, whereas their storage pre-dated that.

Well worth getting though.

• RMweb Premium

Hi peter ,

What is the MLI shortened from please I wouldn't mind having a look at this issue

Thanks

Brian

Hi

Modern Locomotives Illustrated and available from WH Smith (I saw the previous issue in the WHS in Lincoln yesterday)

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Modern Locomotives Illustrated and available from WH Smith (I saw the previous issue in the WHS in Lincoln yesterday)

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul ,I'll be going in town next week so I'll see if it's in

Brian

I have never bought this publication before but searched it out in smiths when I saw the class 71 on the cover, and I'm very happy I did. Excellent pictures of the Southern booster loco's and a generally interesting and informative read.

I will certainly be looking out for this again. Is it published monthly or quarterly?

Nik

Archived