The Gas Cupboard, Trowbridge

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

It is with great pleasure that I can reveal that The Gas Cupboard, owned and run by my old mate Dave Simpson, has deservedly won the coveted Bachmann retailer of the year.

I've known Dave since we were in short trousers, literally, in the early 1970s when we both had trainsets, went train spotting and discovered punk rock. After a spell in the Navy followed by working in computing Dave set up the Gas Cupboard in 2007.

In his words he wanted, a "proper model shop", that sold not only RTR but more importantly, all the bits and pieces that went with it, scenics, paint, glue, tools and all the other myriad requirements of the railway modeller.

Central to the ethos of the shop is the offering of help and advice to the beginner, epitomised by the fortnightly 'railway Thursdays', free prototype and modelling talks, hands on demonstrations, tea, biscuits and not a little banter! Check out the shops website to see what's coming up.

post-1074-0-60171200-1444245628.jpg

Tony Lowe, Bachmann Uk Sales Manager, presenting the Trophy to Dave and shop manageress Rachael Field who has played a crucial role in the success of the shop

post-1074-0-11118400-1444245642.jpg

Jerry

Quick edit just to answer the most frequently asked question - why the Gas Cupboard?

Dave's a big Bristol Rovers fan - up the Gas!

post-1074-0-83469300-1444245598.jpg

Been meaning to do this for a few days, but the award is well deserved. As my nearest model railway shop, its been a real pleasure going there and having a chat with Dave and Rachael, the result invariably being coming away with a bagful of stuff and less money than when I went in!

Both Dave and Rachael are very friendly and freely offer advice, and if they happen to not have the item you are looking for, then if its available, its ordered for you.

Should you be in the Trowbridge area then I heartily recommend a visit and I'm sure you won't come away disappointed.

Regards

Philip 

Archived