Peco and Lenz in partnership to do with 7mm track

two tone green

How much better to have a default coupler that works properly so most German modellers can enjoy running each others stock?

How many incompatible versions of an automatic coupling do I see on British layouts in any scale?

I have seen one or two German O gauge layouts fitted with loose couplings so there are some who are prepared to put up with the inconvenience of such devices.

regards

Bob

Lenz was very smart and far sighted. The advantage of the Deutsche Bundesbahn is that it operates a relatively limited number of locomotive types across the entire system. Lenz therefore does not have the problem of regional restrictions, affiliations and prejudices that makes the selection of UK 0 RTR prototypes so much more risky. By choosing 1950s and 1960s diesel locomotives, Lenz also targeted that population cohort with the time and money to indulge their nostalgia. Some of the other German 0 gauge stuff is very attractive and I have been tempted to indulge. I recently came across a couple of photographs of Tiger 1 tanks being loaded onto flat wagons at the sidings at Fallingbostel in northern Germany. Apart from the Tigers and the uniforms, the scene was little different to when we loaded the FV432s (later Warriors) and Scimitars of 1 Staffords onto trains at the same location in the 1980s when I was Ops Officer. It's something think about after Cwm Bach.

Archived