7mm Narrow Gauge Association - Burton 2016 Show

NeilHB

• RMweb Gold

As some of you may know, I've recently taken on the role of the 7mm NGA's Burton show coordinator, so I'm now starting to think about layouts/traders/demonstrators/societies to attend the 2016 Show.

post-1365-0-30507400-1444576644_thumb.png

EDIT 29/02/16:
Confirmed attendees so far are:

Layouts:
Reclaim, 7mm 0-16.5, Steve Lamb
Carreg Lwyd Wharf, 7mm 0-16.5, Roy Fair
Crowsnest Wharf, 7mm 0-16.5, Trevor Hughes
Twa Dale Estates, 7mm 0 14, Duncan Croser
Lambton Town, 7mm 0-16.5, Stuart Marshall
Karolina Falls, 0n30, David Bailey
Bridport Town, 7mm 0-16.5, David Taylor
Portwenn, 7mm 0-16.5, Peter Selby
Portpyn, 1:34 16.5, Christopher Payne
Talyllyn Railway 1865, 12mm 5.5mm scale, Tim Tincknell Unfortunately Tim has now had to withdraw his layout due to health issues. 
Butterfly Lane, 0n30, Nigel Tansley
Port Wynnstay, 7mm 0-16.5, Phil Traxson
MaehynYnfy Railway, 7mm 0-16.5, Alex Bingley

Trade:
7mmNGA Association Sales
7mmNGA Second Hand Sales
7mmNGA Publication Sales
0n30 Depot
EDM Models
Port Wynnstay
Mercian Models
S&D Models
Slimrails
Minimum Gauge Models
Grainge & Hodder Baseboards
Locos N Stuff
James Corsi Laser Cut Rolling stock
Andrew Neale Books
A1 Models
Blackham Transfers
Petite Properties
PLM Cast-a-ways
Blackdog Models
Avalon Line

Demonstrators:
Model Buildings and Scenics - David Wright
Model Buildings - Bob Dawson
Chassis Building - Brian Cameron
3D Printed Locomotives and Rolling Stock - Alex Bingley

Societies:
Talyllyn Railway Preservation Society
Slim Gauge Circle

As more layouts/traders etc. are confirmed I'll be updating this post, so please keep checking back.

On behalf of the 7mm NGA, I look forward to seeing you all at Burton in June!

Many thanks,

Neil
7mm NGA Burton Show Coordinator

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Quick post to bump the topic - layouts and traders confirmed so far added to the first post - more to come when they are confirmed!

Still need some more layouts please - any takers from the big wide world of RMWeb?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I see Neil has edited the list again with more confirmations from both layouts and traders.

Interesting to see that as well as O-16.5 and On30, we also have layouts in 5.5mm scale on 12mm track and 1:34 scale on 16.5mm track - looks like it's going to an interesting show (if I ever get chance to get out from behind the EDM Models stand !)

• RMweb Premium

I see Neil has edited the list again with more confirmations from both layouts and traders.

Interesting to see that as well as O-16.5 and On30, we also have layouts in 5.5mm scale on 12mm track and 1:34 scale on 16.5mm track - looks like it's going to an interesting show (if I ever get chance to get out from behind the EDM Models stand !)

You are allowed the odd comfort-break aren't you Mike?

• RMweb Premium

You are allowed the odd comfort-break aren't you Mike?

Only if it includes calling at the bar and returning with another pint - which then starts it all off again . . . . .

Off course I'll have to get away for a while to see your layout Bridport Town (and some of the others of course!)

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bump - updated again with the last few confirmed attendees! May be one or two more to add so please keep checking back!

As it is also only just over 2 months to go (where did the time go!!!) you'd best start saving your pennies people!

• RMweb Gold

Those of you attending may wish to take a look at the link below - some photos of the layouts that will be attending this year...

https://goo.gl/photos/Uu5YLpZpF1eJrP5a9

I've tried posting them as actual photos but can't seem to get it to work!

Bridport Town 1

Bridport Town by David Taylor. Image courtesy of David Taylor and Railway Modeller.

Portpyn 6

Portpyn by Christopher Payne. Image courtesy of Craig Tiley and Railway Modeller. 

Karolina Falls 066

Karolina Falls by David Bailey. Image courtesy of David Bailey.

Managed to upload some photos to RMWeb last night - see above for some of the layouts confirmed to attend in June! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Those of you who partake in Railway Modeller may like to know that Lambton Town by Stuart Marshall features...a rather nice looking layout which you can see in the flesh if you come to Burton!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

The countdown to Burton is now on - less than two weeks to go people! Lastest confirmed attendees are the Slim Gauge Circle.

I'm really hoping that this years show will be good, but then I am the organiser so I'm bound to say that!

Why don't you all come along and see for yourselves on the day what all the fuss is around 7mm narrow gauge!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another bump as its now less than a week to go...where have the last few weeks gone? If anyone finds them I'd like them back please!

On a more serious note, sadly Tim Tincknell and Talyllyn Railway 1865 are now unable to attend due to illness - we wish Tim a speedy recovery and hope he will be able to attend in future years with the layout.

• RMweb Premium

The usual yellow road signs are up including one outside the station for those arriving by train (turn left and you can't miss it!)

For those who haven't been before the main thing to remember is to ignore all the signs for the Town Centre as the Town Hall isn't in the centre - follow the signs for the Station instead.

Free roadside parking in some areas near the Town Hall or pay and display nearby at the Travelodge hotel and station - they share the same car park but have different charges.

Neil has done a great job putting the show together for the first time with help from the rest of the Area Group. He's got the day off work tomorrow so I hope he doesn't spend the time worrying about what's going to happen on Saturday . . . I keep telling him it'll be fine and run like clockwork . . . . .

Hope to see you at the show - I'll be there helping Paul with EDM

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I'll miss this owing to a work trip to Sweden - hope it goes well & to be there in 2017.

Dava

• RMweb Gold

Not long to go now people!

Tim, Mike and I plus the rest of the Trent Valley Area Group will be there at the crack of sparrow fart tomorrow morning to set up...

Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

• RMweb Premium

A great day at Burton today with a fine selection of quality layouts and balanced trade.

Beer up to normal high standard ( Has Tim finished it of yet ? )

Wallet took a hit, many thanks to Brian Cameron for his detailed advice on bending bars and brass soldering.

Nice to meet up with old friends Bob Dawson & Scott & Richard & Sue Andrews to name a few.

Thanks to the Trent Valley Group for organising it all

Eltel (Terry)

Slightly spendy.

One advantage of attending a show aimed at a different scale and/or gauge to that of your choice is that there is little, if anything to trouble the wallet.

Having said that, I was very tempted indeed by Locos n Stuff's Kerr Stuarts.  I also became envious of the range and quality of figures available in 7mm scale.

A very good show, well worth the 180 mile round trip.

• RMweb Gold

Just wanted to see a quick thank you to everyone who attended the AGM & Exhibition yesterday. It was good to meet everyone and I think the show went quite well. Major thanks to the members of the Trent Valley Area Group and the members of the Committee for all their help and support on the day - here's to next year!

• RMweb Premium

As I was the one who sorted out the cash at the end of the day, the ticket numbers showed that we had 121 members and 109 visitors paid on the door. Plus exhibitors, traders, Committee, Area Group and other assorted hangers on, I would guess up to 300 were there during the day.

I think Neil told him we normally get at least 100 members and 100 visitors so that's perhaps where the confusion came from.

Archived