Search not finding topics

I've recently been having problems finding topics that I know exist when using the search facility.

For example. XH588. Which is registration for the Vulcan bomber that has just done it's farewell flight. I know that a topic was there and I was going to add a link to video, but it doesn't come up when I search. Is it just me or is anyone else having problems.

Using Chrome on a Hudl 2 tablet.

This is the XH558 thread;

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/103770-vulcan-xh558-national-tour-flight-details/?p=2045766

I'm not sure but I don't think that the search function finds postings in Wheeltappers. Could be wrong, no doubt some one will correct that if so.

Thanks, had just found it and added link to video!

Didn't know that Wheeltapers was outside of search engine.

Seems a bit silly if it is, but guess there will be some reason why.

Thanks again.

I find the search engine to be quite useless. It always has been. To overcome this I use Google and include RMweb in the search term.

Tried that as well and still couldn't find it.

Had to go back page 11 of the "View new content" button to find the last post that someone had made!!

• RMweb Gold
Shadow, on 12 Oct 2015 - 21:06, said:

I've recently been having problems finding topics that I know exist when using the search facility.

For example. XH588. Which is registration for the Vulcan bomber that has just done it's farewell flight. I know that a topic was there and I was going to add a link to video, but it doesn't come up when I search. Is it just me or is anyone else having problems.

Using Chrome on a Hudl 2 tablet.

Were you searching on XH588? Should be XH558 ....

Were you searching on XH588? Should be XH558 ....

Doh. Just tried with correct number and it does find the topic.

Looks like the autocorrect on the tablet changed the number to one i had previously mis-typed!

Thanks for noticing that. ☺

Google search does not index Wheeltappers as it is not accessible to non-members but clicking on the gear wheel to the right of the search box to launch the forum software's search yields plenty of results on the search term.

Google search does not index Wheeltappers as it is not accessible to non-members but clicking on the gear wheel to the right of the search box to launch the forum software's search yields plenty of results on the search term.

So long as you type in the correct search string. :-(

Archived