Spalding Model railway Exbn - 14/15 November 2015

250BOB

Surprised nobody's posted anything on this show, evidently it was mobbed yesterday and pretty busy when I was there this afternoon, I'm sure someone on here must have been there!

Always like this show, close enough to home and an ideal venue. I might have a gripe about the price when compared with some shows but I guess I'm being pretty harsh, it's not outrageous and while the layouts might not have reflected every aspect of the hobby or everyone's tastes, the selection more than justified the seven quid. I think I'm just niggled that when I took my kids years ago, I had to pay for them, now accompanied kids go for nothing, leaves me thinking I'm paying for everyone else's kids! On the other hand, it is a laudable effort to try and attract youngsters along and makes it an affordable visit for families.

Thornhill stood out for me, a while since I'd seen it but it seems even more spectacular than I'd remembered it, an intensive stretch of railway beautifully crafted. Gowts Bridge was another old favourite I'd not seen for a while so good to see that one again.

No pics I'm afraid, you'll have to take my word for it unless anyone else has any.

Edwards usual standards of a mixed batch of layouts and traders, I went both days, spent too much time talking on the Saturday but well worh the time spent.

Roll on next year see if he can keep up the stamdard.

Alan

I was there operating Asenby St Peter. It was uncomfortably busy on the Saturday until about half past two, really crowded everywhere, especially in the smaller hall.

There was quite a variety of layouts and a spread of trade - he could do with a proper bookseller and the bits and bobs guys didn't have everything I was looking for - but overall it was a show I wouldn't have felt let down by had I paid to go in.

Particular thanks to Charlie Petty who gave me one of the best laughs I've had in ages on the Sunday morning.

I was there operating Asenby St Peter. It was uncomfortably busy on the Saturday until about half past two, really crowded everywhere, especially in the smaller hall.

There was quite a variety of layouts and a spread of trade - he could do with a proper bookseller and the bits and bobs guys didn't have everything I was looking for - but overall it was a show I wouldn't have felt let down by had I paid to go in.

Particular thanks to Charlie Petty who gave me one of the best laughs I've had in ages on the Sunday morning.

A laugh from Charlie eh? 'Must have told you some of his prices....

Archived